***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@Undecided3494 Important to know this. Did anybody receive any type of communication so far for their Siena/AMC application?

@srk2017 My D has submitted her supplement to Union/AMC on Dec 16. So far, there is no communication back to us.

@midwestFem - They seem to send in batches. Also, my Son submitted in his supplement in late Nov and he heard after more than 3 weeks.

@midwestFem I havent heard anything back from Union after submitting supp. Haven’t heard anything from siena.

@green-tree

Here is the last match list from March 2016.

http://medicine.hofstra.edu/about/news/pressreleases/031516_matchday2016.html

I am confused. Today is 12/21/2016 but you said your daughter had her interview invitation " on Jan 4th early morning"
Are you sure??

My S received a call from BU today for SMED interview!! Very excited and keeping fingers crossed.

@path2md - Congrats! Did you also get an email? When are the interviews?

@path2md Congrats!!! What time today did your son receive the call? Home phone or cell phone?

@srk2017 and @truemed, Thank you! he received phone call on his cell phone. He did not receive email notification. His interview is on Jan 20th. They sent confirmatory email only after he confirmed that he can attend that day. They asked him to check with parents first!

@truemed, he received call in the afternoon, around 3:3 0 pm I think.

Just FYI, his portal still says his senior grades are pending. Not updated.

@path2md Thanks!

Who else received the BU phone calls?

Does anyone know what to do about the Stevens premed accelerated program interview?? Are we supposed to contact them or wait for them to contact me?

BU said they will call those selected for an interview till end of Jan, but from that conversation, I read between the lines that my DD may not be called. They also mentioned that those wanting to attend BU badly regardless of BSMD could switch to just Undergrad consideration before a decision is made, cos they no longer allow that switch after they make a decision.

Rochester just turned to Step 4–was on Step 3 for maybe 10 days.

Still nothing from PSU/Jefferson or Union/Albany :frowning:

I called Stevens yesterday- they said they still have to contact us for interviews. They haven’t started notifying people at all.

@Mom22DDs Based on real experience, I have to say your last statement may not be true unless the policy has changed from this year (which is highly unlikely). If students have already applied to BU BS/MD program, just wait it out till Jan end and once you know for sure that BU communicates that the student is rejected for BS/MD, then right away call them to consider for UG (normally BU communicates clearly the deadline before which students need to call to consider for BU). Last year my D was rejected for BS/MD consideration but after we called for just UG, she got accepted for BU UG. There was another student who did not call for reconsideration before the deadline was told that s/he will not be considered for UG.

@path2md, what are the dates offered by BU for interviews?