***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@doclover123 I’m not sure about Sienna, but when we got the stat sheet from RPI/Union at the interview at AMC last cycle, there was no preference to NYS residents. The pool of accepted and matriculated students was from all over the country. This year at RPI, I believe only 3 of the 13 are from NYS (2 from upstate, 1 from downstate). The rest are from Northeast, Midwest and West Coast, so it’s a very diverse geographic pool

I don’t think private schools care that much about in-state vs OOS.

@lovedoc - Bona interview is undergrad interview where program director will talk to you to get a feel for your interest in the program and to get a feel for whether you will be able to survive in that campus :slight_smile: and of course your extra curricular and other activities from your resume etc…Make sure to research a bit about the school and their DO programs as well. There will be a tour given by a current undergrad student and lunch with current program kids as well where you can talk to them about your concerns.

does plme have an interview

@bunny101 - No interview for PLME, only alumni interview for undergrad.

When do they ask for alumni interview for brown plme?

all depends on local Brown alumni. My DS received email today.

Hey all, I received a call for my BU interview much later than others. Does this mean I have a lesser chance of getting into the program, even if my interview goes well?

@fhgeogng when did you receive the call? I called BU a few days ago and they said that they just began notifying applicants and they do it in batches, so it shouldn’t really matter either way. I think it’s in the order that people submitted their applications!

@stresstasticlife today

Any advice for the TCNJ phone interview?

Got union and rpi interview this morning

@str82med what date did you submit rpi application?

@str82med and what date did you get the supplement for rpi?

@ccuser00, the interview will be general like why medicine, why TCNJ, you interested Major etc

RPI/Albany interviewees:

Someone asked about the questions during the RPI/Albany interview… I am posting here so that everyone will have same information:

During the group session, students were asked about the qualities of an ideal physician and about their research and how they are related to the study of medicine.

During the individual interview session, it would depend on the luck of your draw! … too various to list except it might be on why medicine, why this program, medical ethics … etc.

Please note that this information is pertinent to students who applied 2-3 years ago.
Good luck everyone!

Correct me if i’m wrong but the penn state finalists have already been disclosed

oh no i meant to ask if ppsp for case western has an interview?

@bunny101 - Yes, PPSP will have an interview and typically invitation go out at the end January.

@str82med What were your questions?