***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

and like how was it set up? @str82med

Even though you said RPI/Albany, can I assume that your advice is relevant to Union applicants as well? AKA is it the same interview for both undergrads?

@upstream

@thatcho

yes

Does anyone know if Temple bs/md has interviews? Also, have they notified anyone yet? All I know is that I’m accepted into undergrad and got honors.

@chasingdreams21 Temple does have an interview in February 2017 according to their website

DD got accepted into a research internship that she thinks will positively impact her consideration for applications. I would appreciate comments/advice from veterans on whether this might be relevant information to share with colleges, especially for BSMD consideration, and if so, how such information should be appropriately shared? Also, if it is a reasonably good intership, could it make any difference?

@Mom22DDs - When is her internship starting?

@srk2017 She is in a special program where she will participate in research daily in spring and summer.

@Mom22DDs if you think the research / internship is helpful then you should send them. Most BS/MD applications may not take any material after the application dates. But you should call and send them if they are still accepting additional materials. I am assuming she has also applied to top tier schools in addition to BS/MD. They will definitely accept additional materials. Good Luck

@branden12343 are you sure? i called them two days ago and they said notifications will continue until the end of this month?

@Mom22DDs it’s doubtful that the programs whose application deadlines had past will accept the new research your D was able to obtain as relevant. Schools are usually very serious when they give a hard deadline. They may bend a little bit if standardized test scores are a little late (but that comes from College Board so they understand the logistics of that). It’s a bit unusual at this late stage for information like this to be submitted. However, have HER call the respective schools and find out if they permit it. I’m just not sure where you would submit it other than faxing them some sort of hard copy, because information like this is usually written and electronically sent via the common or supplemental app.

Anyone received email from Drexel medical college requesting application processing fee ? My DS application is forwarded according to the portal, no news from Medschool yet.

Thank you @AllenTx15 and @Empire007 !

DD started checking with colleges. some colleges have accepted the info for adding to the file whereas those whose deadlines for accepting additional info has passed declined the info on those grounds. Seems pretty fair.

As far as impact, we are guessing that the most impact it could have (where accepted as additional info) is the same if this was already part of the application as a planned Spring-Summer internship.

@path2md For drexel what did the portal message change from? Did it change from “Your application fo the BAMD program is currently under review” to “Your application has been sent to Medschool” or something else? The reason is I am awaiting for my applications status and from what I gather Drexel sends the notices out in the week of Jan. 23rd. According to one of the admission counsellors my application is with Medschool but it doesn’t state that my application has been sent to Medschool on my portal. Just curious.

@Salvadortrail I have the same situation. I think that if you applied RD, like me, it shows that. Maybe the other people applied EA which is why it shows an extra update?

I got interviews with Rutgers BS/MD Skype interview and to attend UIC BS/MD so far

@Salvadortrail & @stresstasticlife , Yes, My DS applied EA. His portal states the application has been forwarded to Medschool.

I heard that before sending out the interview notifications, Drexel medschool requests application processing fee. I may be wrong.