***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@Harryp17
I agree with @GoldenRock . UofR gives the Dean Scholarship for REMS students which is disbursed at 50% per semester. So, any scholarships other than the Dean’s will be added to the fee statement (@50% per sem) and you will asked to be paid the remaining balance.

Thanks for the update @misophoniax - Seems like first round is for those who won some awards or some other special criteria (like regional).

For people who got interview to BU, did the status on your online BU portal change?

I called Case Western today and looks like PPSP decisions will come out this Saturday. Good luck to all who applied.

@DadOfSK Would the decisions come out via the portal or via email or via call?

Does Albany require midterm grades part of their decision?

@doclover123 are you talking about your midterm exam grades or your first semester grades?

Would appreciate some advice: DD received invitation to interview from both Union and RPI. Are we required to pick the same date for both, or is it better to pick different dates for each? It looks like we are able to pick separate dates, so a bit confused.

first semester grades @Undecided3494

@Mom22DDs - I thought you do both interviews at the same time. When DS interviewed there were kids from both the programs.

For people who got interview to BU, did the status on your online BU portal change?

@Mom22DDs
If there is a date overlap most invited students obviously will pick the same date to avoid an extra trip. For my D Ms. Maria Sgarlata had to manually enter her interview date for both schools to be on the same day because of an issue with her RPI portal. Ms. Sgarlata reconfirmed with an email saying that she was given one date for both interviews.
I think that even if you choose two different dates they may select one of the two and send you a confirmation email. This is just my opinion. I would suggest calling and asking Ms. Sgarlata.

@doclover123 I don’t remember my kid being asked for midterm grades last cycle, however the final year transcript was required to be submitted…that I remember for sure.

@montereybae when were you contacted about setting up a BU web account?

Thank you @srk2017 and @narkor DD picked a different day for each thinking she will not get the opportunity to tour one of them otherwise. I’m going to call Maria and request the earlier date (Monday) and also request if DD can just join the tour for one of the colleges the previous Friday. That way, DD will be able to visit Albany Fri-Monday to tour both colleges in one trip instead of two trips.

If we do something different, I’ll post an update for those in the same boat.

@glassflowers They said to check the CWRU web portal and they do not have a specific time when the results will be released.

@glassflowers in november when i submitted my application

I got a notification yesterday for an interview to U Miami school of medicine

@Mimic17, just a curiosity, are you a high school senior? As far as I know, U Miami BS/MD program doesn’t exist anymore.

We have DD scheduled to interview for RPI & Albany on the same day. She’ll need to tour one of the schools on a different day. Maria said they expect students to pick the same day for RPI & Union interviews, but since there was no note about this, I’m sure many kids, like my DD pick different dates.

Have folks that interviewed early with RPI or Union heard their admission decisions already? If so, could you please share how long did it took between interview and decision?