***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

Congrats to those with interviews, hugs for those with rejections:(. As long as there is 1 interview and 1 admission, it makes it all worthwhile!!

@Renelle you won’t know the dates of the interview until you submit the supplement and they accept it by offering you an interview. It could be end of Feb or sometime in March if they send an invite. They are pretty flexible with interview dates, if I remember correctly they give you a few options so as to avoid conflicts. Keep in mind that BSMD interviews at AMC are only given on Mondays and Fridays.

Daughter received interview rejection email for U Pitt GAP this morning.

BS/MD Interview Invites so far:
UMKC (In State)

BS/MD Interview rejections so far:
UAB, Case PPSP, REMS, BU (probable rejection, no interview invite yet), UPitt GAP – OOS for all these programs

BS/MD Decisions Pending:
MHSP, PLME, Rice/Baylor, SLU

Accepted to U Pitt Undergrad with 25K/year scholarship back in September.

Got the Pitt GAP interview too this morning

Thank you! That’s a big help.

Is drexel still sending out interview invites or just rejections?

My guess is interview invites are done and rejections are showing up on the portal. never received an email.

@bayreppin00 My DS Drexel portal is also missing the “your application has been forwarded to the college of medicine” message, but the portal has not updated yet either. Hopefully, we’ll hear either way today.

@moodybluepapaya click the Status update it with take you to another page - check bottom center - likely rejection - Good Luck

Status update is just above the “Payment Received: 100.00 USD”

@bsmd1826 Yes, thanks. Drexel rejection

what does Drexel portal Status Update say for students who received interview invite

@LushLillies
GL with HPME
At the interview - did they give any indication about how many spots, how many interviewee they plan to invite, when is the process likely to go on till
Thanks - anybody else have any info on HPME

my D got rejected to temple pre-med scholar program. But she has received a full tuition into temple’s honors program. D is from CA, she is having difficulty choosing between temple and UCs. Any suggestions?

Is there a different portal for drexel BS/MD program or is it the same - discover.drexel.edu

@Docparent Same portal discover.drexel.edu
Click the Status update it with take you to another page - check bottom center - likely rejection - Good Luck
Status update is just above the “Payment Received: 100.00 USD”

I don’t see a status update on the portal

?? If the university wants you as a student but not for their bsmd program, do they offer carrots like more scholarships, honors programs, research programs, and alternate programs, ie PA’s, etc. If they do this type of thing, is that an indication of possible rejection from desired bsmd program?

@ppst my kid got into honors with full scholarship at Temple and has a BSMD interview next week.

This is what my status on Drexel portal says

Thank you for your application. Your file is currently complete and under review. A decision has not yet been made on your application to Drexel University. If additional materials are required before an admission decision can be rendered, we will contact you.

So I suppose BS/MD program is a reject but they are reviewing me for undergrad at Drexel - I wish they would just say so clearly