One Credit Honors Courses in the Spring?

<p>I know there were a lot of One Hour Honors Courses in the Fall, like Common Book Experience and Honors Connection.</p>

<p>Are there similar courses taught in the Spring?</p>

<p>My son is at 14 credits right now with his requirements for CBH/Mech Eng. He can add a humanities course and go up to 17, not sure whether we’ll have to pay extra or not, but he may just want to take a couple of one hour courses if they interest him if he can’t find a humanities course that interests him this semester.</p>

<p>I realize the honors college does add courses as the semester progresses, but I did wonder if those one hour courses were only designed to assimilate incoming freshmen into the university experience and would not be offered in the spring since the kids had already been on campus a full semester.</p>

<p>Thanks for any input!</p>

<p>Montegut: If your son is National Merit, then you will not be paying any additional money for a class unless he reaches the 21st hour. He would need all kinds of permission from the powers-that-be to take that many classes. As for the Common Book Experience classes, at least one section was offered last spring. BTW, upperclassmen also took those classes.</p>

<p>I would try to find a 3 credit course that fulfills a core req’t.</p>

<p>Momreads, son is National Merit, but not clear on your response. Does he need permission to take 17 credits?</p>

<p>And mom2ck, we are looking for 3 hour core courses, and hoping can get some suggestions from those on this board who have taken humanities courses, honors and nonhonors, as to what would be good ones to take. There are some interesting 300 honors courses, but he only has 26 AP credits coming in, so I don’t know if he’d be eligible to take those or not.</p>

<p>You’re son shouldn’t need approval to take 17 hours next semester as it is not an overload. It is good to mention it to one’s advisor that one plans on taking 17 credits, but they would understand if he decided to add a 1-credit course after meeting with them.</p>

<p>As long as he meets any prerequisites, I’d see no problem in your son taking a 300-level course. While the current semester’s credits don’t count towards higher registration times, they do count towards meeting prerequisites, so your son would be considered a sophomore when starting classes next semester.</p>