Please help! (list of direct admission programs)

I’ve been looking at different sites that lists all the schools that offer direct admission to nursing programs, but most of them are outdated and incorrect. I’m specifically interested in finding out about Drexel University, UConn, Loyola University, and Quinnipiac University, but please let me know the current schools that offer direct admission and not direct entry. Thank you so much!

@hannah0359 Explain the difference between direct admissions and direct entry. In my mind, they mean the same thing. Not sure about Loyola (which one?) but all of the other schools you listed are direct entry/admission.

@hannah0359: Direct admit and direct entry are considered the same in which you are admitted into the Nursing program without having to complete a set of pre-req courses and applying for the program after their completion. Of course, all admits do have to complete their course requirements and maintain a specific GPA to remain in the program.

Here is a list of direct admit/entry programs for the US. Recently updated on the CC discussion thread: http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/nursing-major/1994851-list-of-direct-entry-from-high-school-bsn-nursing-programs-p4.html

@hannah0359: After doing some more research, direct entry programs are synonymous with a Masters in Nursing or Nurse Practitioner programs where you already hold a Bachelor’s degree. Direct admit is synonymous with Undergrad (BSN) nursing programs.

Are you looking for a Bachelor’s or Master’s Program?

The list from the thread in #2 is a great start. But, you do have to go to each school’s site to follow up, as changes do happen.

When researching the programs be aware that many of these programs are very selective. The program minimum GPA and test scores that are typically listed are lower than the average GPA/test scores of accepted students, sometimes significantly so.

Further, many schools do not make public the direct admit acceptance rate, number of spots they have, or the average GPA/test scores of accepted students. If, after doing research on the school’s site, you can’t find that information, it is appropriate to contact your regional AO and/or the program contact to find out these important details.

I was specifically wondering about Direct Admission because I heard that you need to maintain an average GPA of 3.6 in order to stay in the BSN program, but for Direct Admission, there aren’t any prerequisites and you are guaranteed a place in the program. I know that it’s hard to stay in the program so I was hoping to sort of “reserve” a spot

I’m applying as a freshman for the BSN program btw :slight_smile: thanks for all the help!