Prescreen Results - Class of 2025

FYI - We just heard from Florida State this morning (applied 10/20)

Okay Ermom2, maybe we will reach out. If you don’t mind me asking did she pass? Thinking if nothing by now maybe son didn’t pass.

TY

They’re coming in hot this week! Heard from Emerson, UAB, U of Indiana and DePaul (that one is a BFA acting program only).
Still waiting on Point Park, U of AZ, U of Ohio, U of Minn, UF, U of Alabama, LIU, IL Wesleyan, Texas State and Belmont.

@dananddeb39
Yes she did pass for musical theater. I would reach out. My daughter knows people who submitted around the same time who have heard no from Ithaca as well so make sure you have not been overlooked.
We are having the same issue from Miami - it’s been a month and no word when others heard quickly

Ok sounds good. Atleast he’s not alone in waiting! TY

FSU Live Prescreen (Moonifieds) - 11/18; Results 11/21
CCU Live Prescreen (Moonifieds) - 11/19; Results 11/22

Otterbein Live Prescreen (Moonifieds) - 11/19; Results 11/24

A very stressful time, and lots of rejections so far. My D is primarily a singer, then an actor, and has not kept up her dancing since the extended lockdown (we are in LA and she hasn’t been out since March).

Didn’t pass prescreens at Pace, Syracuse or Penn State.

Redirected to acting at Carnegie Mellon and Ithaca.

Passed prescreens at NYU Steinhardt (ED), New School, BOCO and Juilliard (where she has a 5:30 am audition).

Haven’t heard from Cincinnati or Elon.

Going to retape and send next week to UMich, UCLA, USC and Manhattan School of Music,

Wondering if the dancing is holding her back.

@Skymomla not sure about the other schools but usc deadline to submit is dec 1. My daughter just took it off her list because they require 2 dance submissions ( second dance cannot be the ballet sequence from the common prescreen - needs to be a second dance)

Here’s some more information:

CCM - Per others, no prescreen results have been released. Expected mid-Dec.

Elon - If your D applied after 9/21, she will hear back on or slightly before Jan 15th.

UMich prescreen deadline is 12/1. They require a separate artistic reference that is different from the common app.

I’m new to this process, but from what I’ve read, many schools look to see who is “teachable” especially for dance. Sending positive thoughts to your daughter on her upcoming auditions. She’s got this!

Syracuse, SUNY Cortland, Western Connecticut, Montclair, Wagner, Rutgers and Muhlenberg

I don’t know about the dates for any of those schools this year but they are all additional schools in the greater New England area or very close which offer MT or Acting degrees.

1 Like

This is such a tough process.

I think you have to focus on the passes not the rejections, b/c those are four excellent schools she passed. Believe me I know it’s not easy, in fact, I require constant venting on this journey b/c it’s such a roller coaster.

Hang in there!!

1 Like

OMG this was SO HELPFUL! Thank you!

1 Like

Hey All- not sure if anyone has applied to U of AZ, but check your portals if you have. One of my sons got a "pass’’ weeks ago via email, the other only through his portal today. They submitted exactly the same day/time…Crazy!!

1 Like

Also…CAP call backs are still coming in crazily!! Be sure to check you kids emails!!

Son heard from Ithaca and Hartt today both pass. Applied on 10/23 via accepted. Waiting on Elon, NYU and U Alabama (Tuscaloosa)
Heard back from Ithaca via accepted and via email from Hartt.

Congratulations on Ithaca and Hartt. Question about UHartt, you said you applied on acceptd on 10/23, we applied to UHartt on Common App and they sent him to their portal to upload his audition videos, should we did this all on 10/10 and they received his recommendations prior to that. Could it be we have not heard because we should have put in acceptd? Although I don’t recall seeing them on there. We missed the September date for Elon, and not expecting to hear until after Dec 15th.

Hartt Live Prescreen (Moonifieds) - 11/19; Results - 11/29

We heard from Hartt via email yesterday and applied 10/20 on get accepted.