Prescreen Results - Class of 2025

I’ve heard back from a few more prescreens recently!
IWU - passed
Emerson - passed
Webster - passed
I was also accepted into the University of Montana for BFA MT as well!

3 Likes

has anyone applied to U Floridas prescreen and heard back yet? Applied back in October and haven’t heard anything yet

1 Like

So does anyone have any info on approximately how many pass pre-screen for various schools? and how many are accepted as a final number? My son has passed prescreen for Ithaca and Penn State (both acting) and still waiting to hear from JMU and NYU. Applied to 6 other schools with no pre-screen required. How refreshing!

1 Like

Hi! My daughter was redirected as well, and was recently accepted for the BFA Acting program. :slight_smile: She applied to a mix of MT and Acting programs and has had acceptances at both. She had a great audition experience and actually ended up preferring the acting program at Emerson because it allows you to do the Comedy minor, so it’s very much still in the running. Congratulations on the callback!

My son has not heard from U Florida either. Submitted 11/30

gm all!

anyone have in put on Nazareth, Wisconsin-Stevens Point, and Hartt School? DD is a triple threat, equally committed to dancing, singing and acting.

Thanks!

Elon came in this morning. Mine is so similar.

Prescreens passed: Syracuse, Ithaca, Emerson, CCPA at Roosevelt, IWU, Kent State
Prescreen nos: Elon, PSU, Mich, BOCO, CCM, Texas State, Cap 21
Prescreen waitlist: Indiana
Digital auditions: BW, Marymount Manhattan, Wagner, Montclair State

Complete Ithaca already.
Muhlenberg, no audition

Anyone else feel like this is a brutal process?

1 Like

We were lucky enough to tour UW Stevens Point last year. The campus is small, the town is small and charming. It’s just under 2 hours north of Madison. The program and the facilities are excellent and they have strong dance. We know a few kids in the MT program who love it. The environmental sciences are very strong there so the university owns an incredible nature preserve where kids can go hiking and kayaking.

1 Like

Has anyone heard from Columbia College BFA prescreen yet?

I believe there is a thread somewhere on CC that breaks down a lot of the colleges numbers for MT/Acting applicants, pre-screen passes and acceptances. I can’t remember how I got there- but it is very interesting!! I will dig!

2 Likes

Thanks for this!!!

Hello! Wondering when you heard back from Cap21/Molloy. We received an accept’d message in mid-dec saying they were running behind but haven’t heard anything since then.
Thanks in advance!

@dharmawins - yes we do have some similarities. Interesting!! My D also heard a no from Elon this morning.

@dharmawins “feel like” ??

It IS BRUTAL, for everyone ,but a very very small few…many do very well in pre screens and don’t have it so easy in the audition season. Many struggle in pre screens but do better with in person auditions. Many people take gap years and do this twice…just read past years venting threads…

This year its not truly IN PERSON…be assured every year, for almost everyone its brutal…hang in there, the next 3 months are no easier but you are closer to the end than the beginning now.

1 Like

Awww, you are the all time best!!!

And to the person who asked about Cap21, my daughter got a no maybe the third week in December?

Thanks everyone.

1 Like

We got a no from Elon today, too.

19 schools applied to.
17 auditions (Emerson, Oklahoma, TXState, BoCo, WMich, Pace, Ithaca, Penn State, CMU, RooseveltCCPA, Syracuse, BW, UMich, Tisch, Rider, Point Park and CCM)
1 no (Elon)
and
1 we haven’t heard back from (Molloy/Cap21) - guessing it’s a no???

WOW that’s a ton of prescreens passed, so congratulations to your son? daughter?
I would just send them an email. By now you absolutely should have heard. They don’t mind responding to emails in my experience.

Yes, and also I’m thinking it could really be by March that we have SOME flipping clue about what is going on, which would be better than nothing!! So in a sense, two months. (Trying so hard to be positive here, LOL!

Son :grinning:
Blessing for sure. Thanks for the suggestion on reaching out. I knew they were swamped so didn’t want to bother, but will definitely have him reach out.

You all are awesome! So glad I found this forum.

Well he will have his pick I’m sure. 17 means from what I’ve heard he’ll get around 3 or 4 solid offers at least and as a boy I’m sure it will be more than that. That’s my guess anyway.

So Elon is tough. I"m wondering if it’s much harder when you don’t get into the fall cycle. It was so early but I think they already started accepting people into the program, not just passing prescreens.