Prescreen Results - Class of 2025

I think this is what makes this process so hard. Random coincidence so affects what opportunity kids get to make an impression. But, then again, this is the path they have chosen. The arts are tough and dealing with rejection is something they all have to deal with.

3 Likes

Has anyone heard from Montclair regarding artistic decisions, especially if your child did a live audition?

Daughter received her artistic news late last week. Auditioned at Moonifieds in November.

1 Like

Thanks, my D did a live audition last week and now they just sent an email stating that her portal was incomplete and needed her audition materials?!? I hope that they are just requiring it for a review.

am I correct in thinking Montclair was not a prescreen? We sent the videos months ago, got accepted academically, but have not heard anything else. We asked before Xmas and they said they didn’t have a timeline of when decisions would be released.

D Auditioned at Moonifieds in November. Heard Academically in December, still waiting on Artistically.

yes i believe you are correct. it is not a prescreen it is a digital audition. my daughter applied there also.

FYI - people are hearing about Montclair by going to the portal and checking their decision letter. The letter has changed.

It will be interesting to see the take rate of kids who got a live audition with Montclair versus the digital audition only. They are very high on my daughter’s list and I know she was bummed to learn she could not get a live audition since those were reserved for partner orgs. We have the academic acceptance and the honors college but haven’t heard anything else!

1 Like

We are waiting to hear from Wagner. Excited for it. He is really hoping he is in. He has had some great interviews with the Band and Choral directors so far.

Have her check her admissions letter, unfortunately, they have chosen not to notify by email, or portal update. If you check the admission letter, you will see that while the date is not changed and update may have been made to their admitted major. We found out just a few moments ago. My son submitted his video back in September. He was not admitted.

1 Like

I think this was an awful way to notify students. They should have emailed or stated on their portals that an update was made. To just simply update their admissions letter, while also not updating the date of the letter, is shameful to me. But I guess after hearing they do weigh ins still, I should not be surprised.

3 Likes

:astonished: I never heard about the weigh-ins

I was private messaged early on by a few moms and then another just messaged it to me about it being the reason her daughter did not apply there. We were not too concerned as I have a boy, but I think it’s archaic, and should not be allowed. In a time when we should be promoting body positivity, and positive mental health, this seems to be counterintuitive.

4 Likes

Well we just checked our letter and she was waitlisted. It is literally one altered sentence in the admittance letter and then a waitlist form!

I agree this is not a great way to be doing things.

DS had UMICH MT audition today.

1 Like

How was it? My dd has her’s tomorrow. She’s excited:)

1 Like

wait…WEIGH INS? this is montclair state?thanks for the update. i think wagner should be soon! my DD also had great interviews as well and is eager to hear.

2 Likes

I heard laughter all the way upstairs! He said that everyone was very nice and encouraging. Did you all attend the info session yesterday? It sounds like they were really that cool in the auditions. Best of luck to your daughter tomorrow!

Yes! She loved the info session. Thanks for the well wishes! Here’s to this crazy process!

2 Likes