Presidential Elite Scholarship

Hey all, I have a 4.0 GPA and 1600 SAT. So I’ll be an automatic scholar for Presidential Elite OOS. I heard somebody on this forum say that they were getting refund every month with that scholarship. My question is do I first have to pay money out of my pocket so that they refund it to me or can I not pay single penny towards tuition? This is quite important to me. Thanks in advance.

?? That must have been a typo or you misread.

If anything there would be a small refund each SEMESTER (not month)

Presidential Elite Scholar

A student with a 4.0 GPA and a 36 ACT or 1600 SAT will be selected as a Presidential Elite Scholar and will receive:

Value of tuition for up to four years for degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate or law studies
One year of on-campus housing at regular room rate
$1,000 per year stipend for four years
$2,000 one-time allowance for use in summer research or international study (after completing one year of study at UA)
$2,000 book scholarship ($500 per year for four years)

Tuition is fully covered
And it looks like each SEMESTER, a student might be refunded up to 750…but that’s only after course fees would be deducted first.

You would still have to pay for your meal plan…and after the first year, you’d pay for your own housing.

And the money will be credited to your account. You do not have to pay in advance and wait to be reimbursed.