PSA - Fall "transfer" 2020 - Updates, Q/A, Information

@GeodeAggie this is very standard to not meld gpa from other universities and while they are in the same system, they are no where near the same caliber. Galveston is considered a separate campus from cs main but still considered the same university. Both get the Aggie ring for example. With Galveston, you don’t transfer into CS you actually request a change of major just like you would if you were on the cs campus.

And while the gpa doesn’t transfer, on his resume you can put A&M Corpus 2019-2020 3.81 GPA and major. I know it may feel unfair, it is standard practice. Your son will do just fine at Tamu!

@AggieMomhelp Thanks for the swift and help reply. Yes its all a learning process - I would like to point that out to new PSA students on the way in. Perhaps i may post something on incoming thread may help others. Its just one of the factors in choosing PSA - but overall a great program.

Congratulations to all the PSA students that demonstrated the resiliency to stay on the dream path. Okay so now i have a Longhhorn and an Aggie in the same house! (yep i am one on those !!)

One class remains F2F - Minerology and lab. Advice to him, was to get involved in as many study groups as possible to create the connected-ness. Will be on the look-out for any PSA student groups as well.

@JaceyK - headed for Calc 3 as well for my son in the fall - I think his still showing on-line

@GeodeAggie Let’s hope that the professor has a solid plan for online teaching! I have a feeling the students will need all the resources they can get. I also told my son the same (get involved and connect where possible).

Do u mind sharing how your situation worked out? My daughter has no dual credit so we r looking at PTA at BLINN or Texas Tech and probably just stay there.