Purdue Class of 2021 EA Acceptance?

I just got into the exploratory studies. I’m undecided of what type of engineer to be so I decided to go into that college. I did get deferred from the engineering college though. Is this a good program if I want to switch to engineering later? I was going to join one of the polytech program, but one of the counselor suggested me to exploratory studies till I figure out what I want to do.

I’m also a Minnesota resident.

@wallowa congratulations! May I ask when u submitted alternate major reply form? I submitted mine on 02/10, but I still waiting for the response…

@bling0202 thank you and I applied sometime in January.

Applied: 2nd week of January
Decision: Waitlist - 27 February
Major: FYE

SAT: 1380 (740M)
GPA: >90%
Good ECs
Hopefully good Recs

International student.

Only hoping for the best!

International student,Country-India

Applied: Jan 19,2017
Decision Waitlist-24 Feb
Major: FYE(interested Aeronautics)

SAT: 1300(740 M)
IELTS: 7
9th,10th: 10 CGPA(CBSE curriculum)
11th: 93%
12th mid: 94%(predicted 96%)
SAT 2 MATH- 790, PHY-790
Good EC’s
Decent Essays

All I can do as of now is wait.(But not worried as I already got in McGill University,Canada)

I want to study Mechanical Engineering. I have been offered exploratory studies at Purdue or Penn state Mechanical Ohio state Mechanical or Texas A&M FYE at Galveston. Which could be a good option? International student

@wallowa So how many weeks u got accepted after submitting alternate major reply form? Like 4 weeks?

@bling0202 My D has waited for 15 weeks for a decision on her alternate major reply form. It still isn’t released but she just called and they told her it should show up at 5pm today.

@KMich Do u hear anything back now?

@bling0202 No change on the portal as of yet.

Has anyone received financial aid info yet? Or is there a specific date they are being released?

@PAwind98 it was released about 2 weeks ago for early action folks.

@PAwind98 I have received both scholarship and financial aid info. They were going to be released mid-February. When were you admitted?

I just got an email today saying it had been posted! Unfortunately, not enough to make Purdue realistic or an option, I applied EA(nov 1, admit: mid-dec); strange mine took so long. Thank you both for the info

Same here. Good luck.

I’m not sure if this is the right thread or not, probably not, but I’m going to ask anyways.
Regarding AP credits… for scores that would get you a credit of “1XXX” as listed on their website, what does that mean?
I read their explanation, but am still a bit confused.
They said:
“Course numbers listed as “1XXXX” transfer as undistributed credit, which means Purdue does not have an equivalent course. Such credit appears on a Purdue student record as credit hours within the respective subject area”
Does this mean you can use it towards electives? Someone please give me your interpretation :slight_smile:

@c011e9e I believe that those credits can’t be applied toward your degree. About whether can be counted as electives, I am not sure. That you will have to discuss with your advisor. However, I did heard some stories that they can be counted as electives, I can’t confident say that they will do the same to you.

Does anyone applied around January 21st but still waiting for the decision like me?

@c011e9e it means Purdue doesn’t have an course equivalent to that one but they will still give you credit for it if you enroll