Purdue University Acceptances - Class of 2025

One of my daughters schools made them sign a contract and while they’re doing tons of testing each week and kept cases down, there is still tons of flagrant violations and everyone knows. The school isn’t doing anything. It’s not just Greek life either. If you are going to require a contract then do something and follow through on consequences. There is a huge cluster there right now (huge for them) all as a result of one person bringing it and giving it to his entire fraternity, one sorority girl who then gave it to many in her sorority which then spread to other sororities and this guy then went to a business frat party! The school is doing an amazing job contract tracing but still! Oh and these kids that have it? Almost all of them are off campus living in apartments. Not the ones living in the frats or sororities. Figures. And then more recently, a sorority watched super bowl together and a girl was positive! Imbeciles! Like what are you thinking?? Sorry for my rant I just don’t get how smart kids can be so dumb sometimes. Anyway when they blatantly violate the rules there has to be consequences and I’m glad to see they are.

I know it’s hard for these kids but as parents we want to see schools open safely and the only way that happens is if the guidelines are followed. So cheers to Purdue and other schools actually following through.

We went on a tour yesterday. The tour itself was all outside (except for the start and finish in the Stewart Center). However, the tour guide encouraged us to take a look inside several buildings after the tour, which we did. They were all fairly empty as it was late on a Friday, but we had no problems looking around. We also stayed at the Union Hotel so we could go inside that building as well. As a comparison, we are at Wisconsin-Madison today and every building here is marked as closed to the general public.

3 Likes

just got accepted to the honors college a couple hours ago!

2 Likes

Accepted to the Honors College!
CS Major
International

1 Like

Did you get an email or was it just on your portal??

Congratulations! What are your stats and ECs?

Got an email. There is absolutely no indication of it in the Purdue Admissions Portal, but it does say so in the MyPurdue portal.

Stats:
SAT 1570
SAT-2: Math(800) Physics(800)
IB Predicted Score: 45/45
APs: CalcBC(5), Phy-Mechanics(5), CSA(4)

ECs:
Couple of cool internships and I built an app to combat bullying in the schools in my city. Also I wrote (and published) a research paper on the use of mobile applications in solving social issues like bullying.

1 Like

I got an email.

1 Like

Ahh okay. I haven’t set up my MyPurdue portal yet lol

I set up a poll when you get a decision. Good luck to everyone and congratulations to those who got in!

1 Like

Does anyone know how much credit I will get at Purdue for a 3 on an ap test?

its here for each course

You are having a hard time getting an answer to this.
I am also waiting to here a definite answer on the

I don’t think anyone has one.

What is the course?

1 Like

I’m guessing I will get at least a three on cs principles, mechanics, and electricity & magnetism. The Purdue website doesn’t have an equivilent course To award credit so I don’t know how many hours they will show on my transcript (if that’s even what they call it in college lol)

The reason there isn’t a clear cut answer is that a score of 3 doesn’t give the student Purdue class credit.

I just pulled up my D’s transcript and it looks like it’s 3 credits each for E&M and Mechanics.

Some classes are 3 credits and others are 4.

If I recall, all the AP credits appeared in her portal sometime in July.

1 Like

I don’t think for 3 AP score we don’t get any credits or Match any Purdue equivalent course
It’s typically AP SCORE 4 or 5 you can get credits what I see from above site

Some APs are different it appears.

Calc AB 3 is MA15555 but BC a 3 is MA 1xxxx.
Chemistry 3 is CHM 11100 which is 3 credits.

Most times a 3 is a 1XXXX so I wonder on these AP credits too.

It is interesting to me the APAB calc gives a specific course. I wonder if a AP subscore on the BC will also give this credit.

It is confusing at times.

1 Like

Are you expecting a different answer than you received in your existing thread on this topic? http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/purdue-ap-credit/3502543

This thread is for admission decisions.

1 Like