Purdue University Class of 2020 Scholarships

I just recently got accepted into Purdue! Has anyone else gotten news about scholarships? Will they notify me later if I get one or is there no chance?

ACT: 29
GPA: 3.51/4 unweighted; 3.94/4 weighted
Major: First Year Engineering
Classes: 6 AP Classes, all others honors courses
Extra Curriculars: Class President, Belize Archaeological Course, Varsity Soccer Captain, Varsity Golf, Acted in Several Theatre Plays, President of Varsity Basketball Student Section, Community Servince, etc…

I really hope I get a scholarship, but let me know if you think I will. Be honest!

I’m also wondering when scholarship information will be released? Or has it already been and I just didn’t get any?

me neither…though I have been admitted to FYE too, I will really need the scholarship coz Purdue OOS cost is too high and my parents income bracket is below 30k/year

I doubt anyone has heard anything concerning scholarships yet. The scholarships are competitive so they will wait until they have made all of their decisions from the applicants who applied by Nov. 1st. Purdue starts sending out scholarship information in mid January beginning with the trustees scholarships and continuing into February with the Presidential scholarships. Financial Aid information will come out in late March. I forget when Honors information came out. It was 3 years ago for us.

I was just notified today that I was awarded the Trustees Scholarship and with it, I received an unofficial invitation to the honors college (they told me I was accepted to the honors college and that I would receive an official invitation in January). I was pretty surprised because I’d called earlier and they’d said scholarships wouldn’t be out until January/February.

I applied at the beginning of October and I was accepted 2 1/2 weeks later to the Engineering School.

My credentials are:

-GPA 3.96; W.GPA 4.60
-SAT: 2040 (superscored)
-7 AP Classes, and a lot more honors classes
-No class rank
-Maryland Resident

-Over 300 volunteer hours
-4 Year Varsity Tennis (Starting line up since freshman year)
-2nd DAN Black Belt
-I’ve taught karate and tennis, and I interned at the National Institute of Standards and Technology in the Engineering -Lab during my junior year. So, I have a lot of work experience.
-VP of Physics Club
-Founder and president of Women in Engineering Club
-Lead Student Ambassador
-Member of the National Honors Society, Science Honors Society, Technical Honors Society, and English Honors Society
-Attended the Smith College Summer Science and Engineering Program the summer after my sophomore year
-Attended the Stanford High School Summer College the summer after my junior year and got straight A’s in all of my undergraduate classes

Also, my mom is an alumni, but I don’t think that means anything since Purdue is a public institution

Also received the Trustee’s scholarship for $16,000 and an unofficial honors college invite. I applied mid October and heard back a couple of weeks later, and I’m FYE

SAT: 2200, 800 reading, 700 math, 700 writing
SAT II: Math 2 710, Chemistry 700
GPA: 4.00 UW
AP Classes: Chem (3), Lang (5), APUSH (4), Spanish Lang (5), Calc AB/BC (4), Comp Sci (4)
Senior Year Course load: AP Physics C Mechanics, AP Bio, AP Lit, AP Macro, Tech, Multivariable Calculus, Discrete Math

Internships: Oregon Health and Sciences University Hospital Research Intern, non-profit technology teaching/recycling place intern
Volunteer: Spent 6 weeks in rural Panama with Amigos de las Americas
Activities: Oregon State summer researcher for a week, CFO for robotics team, green team/sci bowl/med club leadership experience, SNHS president

State: OR
Income: Upwards of $100,000
Hooks: Born in Canada but moved here when I was 1, so probably not a huge factor
Ethnicity/Gender: Asian Female

Super excited to receive the maximum (?) scholarship offered, and it definitely makes Purdue’s out of state tuition a lot better.

I just received an email about receiving a scholarship also, but have not received the letter yet (OOS). Are the letters going out today for Trustees Scholarships only? Am I correct to assume that’s the one I’ve been awarded? I am definitely super excited and thankful either way, but also very curious!

Is there an application for that scholarship, or is that automatically considered? I was a little confused by Purdue’s website

I first received an email saying I got a scholarship, but the letter wasn’t up on the portal till a day later. When it shows up, it’ll be right under the decision letter link. I’m OOS so I’m waiting to receive the physical letter still.

For most scholarships you are automatically considered but Purdue has a supplemental scholarship app for those that have been accepted.

Last year Trustee scholarships came out at Christmas time, and Presidential came out on the second half of February. Honors College invites also came in February.

My letter is online today. I was awarded the Emerging Leader Scholarship for $15,000/year along with the informal invitation into the Honors College saying I would get an official invitation letter in January. As I am out of state I am extremely excited to have this scholarship!

Do they post the unofficial honors college invite on myPurdue or do they send you an email about it?

It’s included in the award letter on your portal.

Where exactly are yall finding this on the portal? I cant find anything about financial aid on it, other than the “apply for other scholarships” thing on the task list.

I also thought information about the honors college/scholarships would be available in January. Are they posting this info early or something?

Also, have any of you been able to get onto the mail service? I can log into the mypurdue portal but when I put in the same username and password for the mail, it just says “incorrect username/password.”

@Pepenn123 it would be located under your decision letter link, but they send you an email a day in advance letting you know.

@QuiteAverage90 I think they just released the info early and unofficially since we were awarded scholarship awards.

Has anybody in-state received a scholarship yet?

Here’s the timeline for the merit scholarships…

December 22: Trustee/Emerging Leaders Scholarships notification sent to students
February 8: Presidential Scholarship and Honors College notifications sent to students
February 29: Additional Emerging Leaders notifications sent to students

How were you able to get timeline for the merit scholarships?