Purdue University Class of 2020 Scholarships

I contacted the Financial Aid office about a week ago.

Thanks for the timeline. Just got off the phone with Admissions as my Application Status “my Purdue” portal was locked. They unlocked it and also told me that the first mailing of Scholarships is completed. And she looked and said I did not have a letter out to me right now. 2 more mailings is what she said so that fits your timeline.

Kind of bummed now as I thought I matched up pretty good with some of the stats seen on here so far:

ACT 34
SAT superscore 2180 (one sitting = 2170)
10 AP classes when done this year (all tested so far at 4 and 5’s)
NHS
completing Eagle Scout right now
tons of service

Early admit to Notre Dame too…only 1600 early admits in the world.
80K scholarship to Valpo
44K to Miami, Oxford
Still waiting on Ohio State

Really want to go to Purdue. Started visiting in Jr year.
Had a great time at Purdue’s Bowling Camp last summer.

Anyone know about the Beering Scholarship yet?

@HSenior2016 The invitations for Beering and Stamps were sent out right before Christmas. Materials for the scholarship were due yesterday.

@hopefulvet Good to know, thank you.

I just received notice that I got the Presidential scholarship yesterday!

@a1h313 Congratulations! Did you receive an email or a letter in the mail, or both?

@blue44 I received an email yesterday, I was awarded a scholarship at 5 pm. Then today the pdf was on my Purdue web account showing I was awarded the Presidential Scholarship and 10K.

@blue44 thanks! and same^ but they said my letter is in the mail and should be here soon but email first, then portal, then normal mail!

@superk25 : and @a1h313 : Congratulations! Wud u mind sharing ur stats and ur major?

@Adwaya exploring, 29 ACT w/3.7 GPA

@superk25: Thanks…I also have nearly similar stats, though i was admitted into FYE…Hoping to get the presidential scholarship for 9-10 k too…BTW, Exploring…? wat does that mean? do u mean business studies? and when did u submit all ur stuff?

@Adwaya I am going undecided and submitted everything before the November 8th deadline.

A classmate of mine is hoping the same as you. He has a 32 ACT with 4.0 GPA. Accepted to FYE a little over a week before I was back in December.

@superk25: luks like ur friend and I are in the same boat… I have a 2100 SAT, and 4.0 gpa…I cud never hav believ’d the competition for merit scholarships at purdue is so tense…I wud be grateful if u can let me know when ur classmate gets his scholarship decision and also the amount…

Purdue offers about 830 Presidential scholarships a year. They expect a freshman class of around 6800. If you go to the “Freshman Scholarship” section of Purdue university you’ll see the criteria they look at when awarding scholarships. Grades and scores are definitely a major part of it but there are other considerations as well.

@Adwaya i applied for human and health sciences preprofessional, 34 ACT 4.0 UW, OOS. I applied before Nov 1 and was accepted mid Dec

My daughter applied back in October and was admitted. Still yet to hear about honors college and merit scholarships. ACT 35, 4.0 UW 4.8 WTD, OOS, 2 Varsity sports/Captain of both, 300 hours volunteer, NHS (Vice-President), robotics team (state award) and various other awards state and national, FYE. She has been admitted to more selective schools, 3 are in the top 20 and all offered merit. But still no word from Purdue if she even was accepted to honors let alone a merit award.

I think somewhere earlier in this thread it said Purdue will notify about honors and a second round of scholarships on 2/8.

From the Purdue 2016 Families Facebook group - posted by school representative:

The remaining Purdue colleges and schools have selected recipients for their Presidential Scholarships, and letters should now appear in student application portals (not myPurdue). Emails will be sent later today (Wednesday, Feb. 3) and will remind students of their application login credentials. Paper letters will be in the mail this week. There will be one more (relatively small) selection of Presidential Scholarships. These won’t all occur on a single day, but will be awarded between now and Feb. 22. Once again, we respectfully ask that families of scholarship recipients not use this page to celebrate. Don’t forget to file a FAFSA by March 1. Scholarships with any kind of need component, including the Marquis Scholarship (for middle-income Indiana residents) and Purdue Promise (for income-eligible Indiana residents in the 21st Century Scholar program) require the FAFSA, https://fafsa.gov/. Honors College invitations have been delayed slightly. We expect these to be released next week and invited students will see the option to accept or decline the Honors College offer within their myPurdue portal.