Purdue University Class of 2020 Scholarships

Received the 8000 dollar in-state Presidential Scholarship!

$10000 presidential! Rather pleased. Purdue would be cheaper to attend than my instate schools. :slight_smile:

Did you guys get an email? Or was it in mypurdue?

@altmusicman Are the emails supposed to be sent out at the same time or will they be staggered throughout the day

@rmdvnew sorry, I have no additional info

I got an email and it was on the application portal.
In the scholarship letter, did anyone receive an honors college invite? I know they’re sending those out separately later (next week or something?), but I heard that some of the Trustee’s recipients also received some info about the honors college.

S also received the e-mail today and the letter is on the portal. Presidential $10k.

Received Presidential Scholarship (OOS) - 10k value :slight_smile:

S got that too. Congrats to everyone!!

For the people who got the scholarship, what are your stats?

@VayneMain I was wondering about that too. I didn’t see anything in my letter regarding honors college. According to the timeline, the invites should be done within a week, too. |:

Awarded $10K Presidential Scholarship today (OOS). Received an email saying check the portal. Admitted as FYE.

For the person who asked for the stats, here are mine.
My GPA UW: 3.87
W: 4.21
Class rank: 21/790
AP’s: Have taken 8 so far, am taking 7 this year
SATs: 2230 Super score consisting of 750 Critical Reading, 760 Math, 720 Writing
Highest Single Test Day score: 2190 consisting of 750 Critical Reading, 720 Math, 720 Writing
SAT Subject Scores: 800 Math Level II, 730 Chemistry, 730 Physics
ACT: 33 Composite consisting of 30 English, 34 Math, 32 Reading, 36 Science
Extracurriculars(I do not do many, but the few that I do, I’m fairly dedicated to): Competed in academic state competitions and have won 6 State Championships in total
Science, Math, Social Studies, Interdisciplinary competitions 3 total State Championships
Captain of the Social Studies team Junior Year
Key Club
Spell Bowl (state spelling competition)- 3 State Championships
Captain of Spell Bowl team Senior Year
NHS
Participated in Indiana Math League
AMC 12
Trig Star
Chess Club
TEAMS Co-Captain Senior Year
National Merit Commended Scholar

Rec Letters: The one I got from my AP Lang teacher was superb, letter from my AP Physics C: E&M teacher was pretty good.
South Asian Male

Still bummed in our house…
Son just checked portal and nothing new after the admitted letter.
This is his number one.

ACT 34
SAT superscore 2180 (one sitting = 2170)
10 AP classes when done this year (all tested so far at 4 and 5’s)
Class Rank weighted 10/240
GPA 4.0 Unweighted

NHS
National Latin Honor Society
Academic Team
Chess Team
4 year Bowling Team
1 year Soccer

completing Eagle Scout right now
Senior Patrol Leader; Philmont Crew Leader; Sea Base Crew Chief
National Youth Leadership Training
tons of service in and out of school
Lector for Mass

Early admit to Notre Dame too…only 1600 early admits in the world.
80K scholarship to Valpo
44K to Miami, Oxford
5700/year Maximus for Ohio State (in State) Honors invite and applied for Emminence Fellows full ride =3000 year
44k to Ohio University with waiving on MCATS
University of Dayton Trustees Scholarship

Really want to go to Purdue. Started visiting in Jr year.
Had a great time at Purdue’s Bowling Camp last summer.
He is losing hope, I told him a few more are still coming.

@APaint41 I feel your pain. Daughter is in same boat with high stats and offers from 3 top 20 schools all with merit, yet not a dime from Purdue. She applied back in September and she doesn’t even know if she is in honors college at Purdue yet. I think Purdue is missing the boat with their way of doing things. Strange, oh well but my daughter is so excited about her other choices that if Purdue does finally come through with honors or any merit she will pass.

Lots of high stats, top-quality OOS applicants were left by the wayside wrt Purdue merit offers that went out this week. My (FYE) son is disappointed, but thankful he has other great options.

Competition for merit awards in engineering just keeps getting stronger, as more students are choosing engineering than even just 3-5 years ago. Some will realize that it’s not for them after they start college, but application numbers are way up.

@txmom16, I think most Purdue honors offers have yet to come out, if that matters to you at this point.

@cawmom: Can you plz state ur stats…??

We are feeling quite bummed in our house also. First no trustees which was a major shock and then the Presidential came out this week and while she received one, it was small - not close to the $8K max in state. Better than nothing but not what was expected. She has 34 ACT, valedictorian of large school, over 1,000 of service and an unbelievable number of national level significant awards - far beyond others we know who were offered the Trustee. Who knows what the deal is at Purdue but something is off! I believe they either changed the way they evaluate who gets awards or the people in charge changed and have their own ideas. We too have pretty much said no thanks to Purdue even though it was the clear #1 school and where she planned/wanted to attend. We now have fingers crossed for something else to work out for her - several opportunities still in the works at other large universities who actually seem to acknowledge what she has accomplished.

@ValMom2 Wow. That really sounds just like ours, except we have not seen even Presidential yet. We just attended a Purdue Engineering Open House held by a Purdue Alum in our town. We were even more bummed to find out that although some colleges may offer more Trustees after the Presidential, Engineering does not. They just wrapped up Presidential and they should all be received in next week or so. This was son’s number one. It is really tough to swallow considering his Maximus to Ohio State with more possibilities coming, Close to full tuition to Miami Ohio, Full Tuition to OU, over half for Valparaiso and Trustees for Dayton. And will not receive package from Notre Dame for a while yet.

@valMom2, @APaint41: Same here. D has strong credentials with regard to standardized test scores, GPA and extra-curricular activities, yet no merit-based scholarship from Purdue. Interestingly, every other school she has heard from so far has offered her a generous merit-based scholarship including University of Illinois. To be fair, it appears that Purdue has an extremely low number of such scholarships available for admitted OOS students.