***PURDUE University CLASS of 2022 Admission Thread

My daughter was accepted into the Nursing program at Purdue.
OOS
WGPA 4.3
ACT 32
She was also accepted into OSU’s Pre-Nursing program and is considering going Pre-Med so she won’t be accepting Purdue’s offer.
Congrats to your son on OSU!

Haha @throwaway3719 If my parents couldn’t pay for me I could almost pay my tuition with my Crypto gains… and it hasn’t even hit mainstream media yet!

To add to my acceptance comment-
I will also graduate high school with 30+ college credits and a College 4.0. All four years I have swam on two highly competitive swim teams (captain x 2 for my high school team). I have held offices in the high school STEM club for three years, and also have my pilot’s license.

how does the other option than waitlist work? is it secured admission or still having to compete in regular?

Accepted to CS,
International female, SAT 1530, T111, SAT II Physics/Math 800, AP Calculus BC 5, Physics C Mechanics 4 and two APs. No GPA from my school, average grades 89

Is anyone else having trouble accessing myPurdue

Accepted Neurobiology and Phys;
OOS, 33 ACT, 3.9 W GPA, decent extracurriculars but nothing exceptional

Any rough ideas of when Honors College will come out? A week? April? Does anyone know from last year? Thanks and congrats everyone!! (:

@noggys my DD got the same waitlist/pick another major instead of nursing.
OOS
31 act
3.85uw/4.2w
We won’t go on waitlist, she has other options

Dude same! I hope you got in!

University of Chicago and Purdue!!!

ACCEPTED:
Computer Science
34 Superscore ACT
3.86uw/4.52w
Great Essays
A lot of EC’s
Great Computer Science internship
9/965 ranking
10 AP classes

My son was accepted into FIrst Year Engineering.
ACT 36, SAT 1450
UW GPA: 3.96,
OOS (TN) homeschooled
Eagle Scout, 200+ volunteer hours, director at a youth ministry, soccer (captain), (Kentucky) American Legion Boys’ State attendee
Essay was not out of this world by any means
Stellar recommendation letter
Will transfer 25 or so credits from dual enrollment
Attended Seminar for Top Engineering Prospects summer 2017

DS accepted in Engineering!
1410 SAT, 3.7 UW GPA, strong commitment in limited number of ECs.

DS-Accepted FYE
OOS-FL
GPA-3.95 uw/5.05w
Rank-N/A
11 AP’s-passed all
100+hrs CS
4 year letter Lacrosse, SGA, other EC’s.

@ghkd12 @CaptainCold @sweetest scholarship info is not released until mid February.

Congrats to everyone accepted so far welcome to the Boiler family, Boiler UP!

If i pick alternate major, am I automatically enrolled or do I compete with other applicants from regular decision?

Son accepted! When will we know about the honors college and financial aid/scholarships ?

D accepted. OOS female, GPA 3.7 UW, 4.22W, SAT 1380 Industrial Engineering.

Accepted into FYE (Aerospace)

White OOS Male

GPA: 4.02 weighted, not sure what unweighted is

SAT: 1520 (800 math, 720 English)

AP Courses: Calc AB, Calc BC, Physics A part 1, Art history, German V, Environmental Science

Extracurriculars: music, flying (lessons to get private pilots licence), working at airport as a mechanic, photography, german, traveling, german exchange, programming (as a hobby)

Essays: I think they were all pretty decent, mostly about my flying and music

Letters of Recommendation: really good one from german teacher and not sure about the second one from math teacher

Son accepted, CS, 36 ACT, 3.9 UW, good ECs, but non CS related