***PURDUE University CLASS of 2022 Admission Thread

Hey @mojojojo23 , I applied early action to Purdue so I got in last month. However a few of my friends from India as well applied regular decision and haven’t heard back yet. So yeah don’t worry.

@mojojojo23 I applied to Computer Science RD right on the day of the deadline. 1510 SAT. International. Got in on Jan 29th. The seats aren’t full in the EA round.

What time do honors results come out on 2/15?

@xtreme22 Thanks for the assurance!
@tirkarp Oh okay you got a pretty high SAT score! Congratulations

@confused6789 from my knowledge we weren’t told an exact date or time, but a “mid February”

Purdue Engineering is ranked #8 in the nation. I would definitely wait to see what happens with UIUC if you are an IL resident but Purdue does a lot of things like co-ops and internships to help you find a job. Make sure you have visited Purdue.

I’m Indian and I got my acceptance yesterday. Does anyone know whether Purdue mails acceptance packages to internationals or not?

do you guys get acceptance emails first or we have to check the portal?
i am also from india btw @mojojojo23 and havent yet heard back
applied in RD Computer Science (SAT - 1450)
Purdue is my first choice, so fingers crossed! :slight_smile:

@mysmom - you mentioned a deposit for Purdue - can you clarify? I was not aware we had to make any deposits after getting acceptance.

Thanks!

When you accept their offer and choose Purdue, you have to pay an admission deposit. All schools require that by May 1st. Their site says this:

Accept your admission offer no later than May 1 (or within 21 days for those admitted after April 10). A nonrefundable $400 deposit will be required to accept your offer. The deposit will be applied toward first-semester fees and the housing contract fee (if you contract with University Residences).

When will I get a financial package ?
I applied FYE RD on 12/29/2017 and got an acceptance email on 1/20/2018

@dbj378 – from website:

February

Don’t forget your FAFSA: Be sure to submit your FAFSA prior to Purdue’s March 1st priority filing date. Note: The University must have a valid FAFSA on file by the last day of the enrollment period for federal aid consideration.

Review award notification: In mid-to-late February, freshmen who filed a FAFSA, submitted all requested information and created a career account can view their award notification on myPurdue.

March/April

Watch award notice webinar: In early spring watch our Paying for Purdue- Reviewing the Award Notice webinar. No action is required to accept most scholarships or grants. Additional steps are necessary to accept or decline offered loans and/or Federal Work-Study. Indiana residents must file a FAFSA by April 15 annually to gain eligibility for state-based financial aid. Ask questions: Contact the Division of Financial Aid with any questions and be sure to accept your offer of admission by May 1st.

Thanks Showoto.

Can anyone tell my chances for purdue:
Major:FYE
SAT:1280(the only weakness)
CGPA 9th: 10 cgpa
10th: 10 cpgpa
11th : 82%
Ecs: Vice President Automobile club
300+ hours volunteer service
Long running member of the student council
State badminton champion
Diplomas in French language, bharatnatyam and peer education from esteemed universities
Stupendous letters of recommendations as well…
I have a predicted score of 96.5% in CBSE board. I am from India as well

Hi can someone please tell my chances for Purdue.( CS program)
SAT - 1400
CGPA (9)- 9.4
CGPA(10) -9.8
Percentage (11)- 69% ( It is low but everyone in my school scored like this)
Essays- Strong
LORs- Strong
Activities- Black Belt in Karate, International Drama competition,VP photography of school, worked with various NGOs and many more.
Predicted score- 96%.
Weaknesses - Don’t have CS in my subjects in school.

@patelpsp Yess! It is just so hard to wait and wait… Hope the results come out in our favor! Amen :slight_smile:

ACCEPTED
Indian international
grade 10 - 10/10 CGPA
Grade 11 - 91%
Grade 12 predicted score - 97%
Major/College of Choice: Computer Science (College of Science)
Class Rank: NA but top 5%
ACT: Composite 32, Math 35, Reading 33, Science 27, English 31
SAT - 1440
Extras: many in sports and some summer camps, 1 internship , 350 hours of social service.
Essay: 7/8 out of 10 (I put quite a bit of thought into these)

@charizard1234 Congratulations!
Wow we indians are really into purdue!
Btw did you get ur acceptance by email first or by portal?

@patelpsp Ofc Indians are everywhere man.

I dont know which came first but I was casually checking my mail and saw this so yeah I saw mail first. I guess they notify you using email at the same time they release it on portal.

@tan4207 @mojojojo23 @patelpsp. Chill guys Purdue is actually not that tough. I know the wait kills you but concentrate on boards, they are right here and prove the predicted scores wrong by getting even more than that.

@tan4207 If you have taken atleast 2 years of CS even in 9th and 10th it should be fine yo. Our system is different than the American one, they dont see what level you have studied it to, My friend got in when she had take PCMB so its fine.
Just chill out and best of luck, please update when u get your results.