***PURDUE University CLASS of 2022 Admission Thread

@MX1999 Could you chance me as well real quick?

Indian Male (OOS)
Major: Aerospace engineering
SAT: 1460 ( math-780 and english-680) (one attempt)
SAT math 2: 780
SAT physics: 750
Grade 9 and 10 CGPA: 9.4/10 (National curriculum)
Grade 11 %: 90% (National curriculum)
Essay: Pretty solid essays I guess!
Most prominent EC’s:

1. Trinity College of London Guitar grade 6
  2. Leadership roles in school Basketball and Volleyball teams.

@xtreme22. If your high school is in US, you should be accepted for First Year Engineering Program in Purdue.

@MX1999 Unfortunately no. My high school is in India.

Than you shouldn’t list OoS in your profile but put international when you ask people to chance you @xtreme22. Being international is quite different than applying as domestic. I suspect that a lot will depend on how many from your country apply to Purdue and what their profiles are like.

true @WilliamNYC a lot of intl admissions would depend on the how many from each school they would accept. Intl admissions have a different scale in sats and gpa, maybe a bit higher at ties but a lot also depends on the funding the UN can provide. its a # game all around…

Wow Boka, I saw you in most of the threads… You got accepted yet ? Wondering what is your first choice ?

Chance?
Applied Mid October
OOS student Female
GPA 3.91UW 4.61W
ACT : 35 (36 English / 35 Math / 35 Reading / 35 Science)
Taken 7 APs taking 4 Now all 4s or 5s
SAT Subject
Math II 780
Bio 780
ECAs
Atheletics
Interned at NASA for 8 weeks last Summer working with Micro electronics
Currently at a restaurant after school and weekends
over 400 Community Service Hours

@HoundstoothHarry what major? also hope you have applied to ivys and waiting on them…

Prefer a bigger school. Major Engineering…undecided which type. Love Physics

did regular decision Cornell

@HoundstoothHarry: Look at where your statistics place you on the Data Digest: https://www.purdue.edu/datadigest/. That may give you a better idea of how you compare to other applicants in the past few applications cycles; and you can change the parameters of the relevant data pool to fit more closely your own.

@biogirle my top choice is most likely to UIUC computer engineering (got deferred), but I also applied/applying to Purdue, Virginia Tech, UVA engineering, and Boston College (Arts and Sciences). Haven’t gotten in anywhere except my safety (VCU)

I have have been looking over the Data Digest stats. If you are close to the upper 75th is it safe to assume that you will be accepted in FY Engineering?

@wizwind: I don’t know that it would be “safe to assume” anything about admissions decisions; but you may be justified in having a higher confidence level in your chances of admission. Of course, in last season’s Super Bowl, at one point in the second half the Atlanta Falcons were given a 98% chance of winning when they were up 25 points up on the New England Patriots; and we all know how that turned out.

hahaha, good one @gandalf78 !

Just got deferred from Michigan CoE. Hoping I can get accepted at Purdue!

@jin2000 ya my brother got deffered from Michigan LAS today too… did you apply to UIUC since ur interested in engineering?

Since Purdue used to do rolling admission, and just changed to set deadlines this year, do you think it will be harder to get into now. I feel like it might be, since they are now seeing the whole application pool, and not just as they come in. Crap… now I’m worried.

1460 SAT
34 ACT
I got accepted into UIUC. Deferred from U Mich.
Chemical Engineering

What was your gpa? And ec’s? I got deferred from uiuc computer engineering @confused6789