***Purdue University: Class of 2023 Discussion/Decision Thread***

Son incorrectly applied to Polytechnic, was accepted and given Presidential Scholarship.
33 ACT, 3.9 UW, 4.3W, National Honor Society, Decent Essays and EC’s
Changed major to engineering, have been told the scholarship is lost and we now have to wait for a reply with the regular decision group. Chances?

Above post is for OOS applicant.

@FLGDAD From what I can tell from other threads on here, presidential & trustee awards are seldom if not never given to FYE and CS students. I have 35 ACT and didn’t receive any merit for CS. I suspect that they don’t give them out at all for these majors. Either way, your chances are slim to none.

@w00pw00p I meant to ask what the chances for acceptance were, not for scholarship money. We changed majors and were told we had to wait for a new decision on acceptance. As I said we were told and understood that the scholarship that was originally offered was lost because of the change of major.

@FLGDAD
Solid stats for FYE. Requirements go up a bit for RD as many spots are filled with ED.

Thanks for the feedback. Shame we missed ED because of the error on the application. What was meant to be, will be…….

@w00pw00p FYE do get presidential and trustee scholarships! My daughter is a current FYE this year in Honors College and got the presidential. You just don’t hear a lot about them because it sounds like we’re bragging.

I think the issue is many talented students (often young men) with very high stats (35, 36 high gpa, tons of activities) do not earn awards in FYE and CS. I’m sure there are some given, especially to desired types of applicants.

DS got accepted last month… havent received any schol information. Instate.
Health Sc

Does anyone know when financial aid decisions are coming out??

Does anyone know when honors college decisions will be released?

@ejm2019 they are rolling, but sort of released in batches. I applied in mid-December and have not received financial aid nor honors yet. I think the latest possible date is March 31st.

Latest possible date is March 15 according to the admissions page

Accepted RD
Int. Student
Sat: 1430
Toefl: 101
College of Engineering
Applied 12/01 Received 02/08

Accepted RD
Int. Student
Sat: 1540
TOEFL: 111
College of Engineering - First Year Engineering
Applied 01/01 Received 02/08

@chaixxxxxin @kelvincheng2001 What time did you receive the acceptance email? Did it show on the portal too?

Accepted
Male
International Student
IB predicted score: 39 points
Amazing EC’s, hopefully, good Recs
Krannert School of Management, Finance
Received acceptance today

ACCEPTED
international RD CS.
SAT - 1380
SAT Math 2 - 790
TOEFL - 101
UW GPA - 3.9
My stats are not good, and I think my EC’s and essays got me in.

Yeah, I received a Boilermaker email. I think today they only released International/China applicants result.

I’m from China but I haven’t received my decision.