***Purdue University: Class of 2023 Discussion/Decision Thread***

My son was accepted to FYE, I’m trying to find the interactive admissions graph page

@nymom43 Is this what you are looking for: https://www.purdue.edu/datadigest/

@momofsenior1- yes it is, thanks so much!!

got in undeclared at purdue rejected from first choice CS got in for second choice Exploratory studies which is undeclared still wondering how i did not get into CS.
My stats ACT 34 SAT 2 MATHS 800 PHYSICS 800 LAUNCHED AN APP GOOD ESSAYS AND YEAH 4.0 GPA INTNL STUDENT OOS BUT STILL YEAH UNDECLARED IS GOOD PRETTY HAPPY THAT I HAVE A FUTURE

INDIAN

Did you apply EA or RD? If you applied RD, that’s probably why…

Be aware that it can be difficult to transition to CS.

Am I understanding it correctly that Purdue is releasing RD INT first?

Thanks, @momofsenior1
I wish they broke up enrollment stats by major within College of Science, but that answered a lot of questions.

wait but doesnt undeclared mean i can go to any course whatsoever

@Smartypants112233

From the Purdue CS page: https://www.science.purdue.edu/Current_Students/codo/index.html

Special Notes:
Computer Science. CS CODO Requirements have changed for Academic year 2018-2019. Due to high enrollment in the program and space limitations, CODO is not guaranteed even when requirements are met. Visit CS CODO requirements for more information.

My understanding is that exploratory studies/undeclared may not get you into majors with space limitations like CS, COE CSEE, BME, CHE, etc… There may also be challenges scheduling the foundation courses you need for CS because priority scheduling goes to students that were admitted to the major.

I would suggest contacting the university directly and asking how many exploratory students successfully enter the CS major.

When does financial aid come out

@bubblytaco my daughter just received an email that Financial Aid is coming out this Friday

same… we are heading out to visit this weekend…still looking at hotels…any advice?

@PopUpZone1921 if available, the best bet is the Union Club Hotel that is actually on campus. If not, the Hampton In and Hilton Garden Inn, both in the Wabash Landing section of West Lafayette, are walking distance to campus.

Walking distance would be nice, but we have a car…so I am looking for the most affordable that are not sketchy…and now considering leaving super early to make it in time for basketball game so he gets that experience…crazy or worth it?? we have a 10 hour drive

Basketball tickets are super hard to come by. If you can get them, worth it!

I also agree with the hotel suggestions made by @NJEngDad. That’s where we stay all the time and just walk up State St to campus. Easier than driving.

they have tickets left on stub hub in the upper levels…i am thinking any place inside there would be worth him checking out…and another dumb Mom question…side team sits on or opposite side?

Does Purdue five need based grants

*give

@PopUpZone1921 definitely go to the basketball game. That sealed the deal for my son. There are no bad seats at Mackey.