***Purdue University: Class of 2023 Discussion/Decision Thread***

@RoboticsWidow i have no idea what that means. I logged into myPurdue successfully, and it displayed my just-released financial aid reward.

Switched browsers and got in… only loans offered. Sad…

got purdue honors! us there any money associated with this?

Logged in to the Financial Aid site - no additional money, just a loan offer.

Same here. Sad …A question for you: The federal loan is only $6500, it can’t cover the whole cost. So, I have to apply the Parent Plus loan or some other loans?

My daughter got into the Honors College, Nutrition / health fitness dual major. Her stats are nowhere near those in CS or Engineering… (SAT 1390) wondering if the Honors is right for her. Anyone else accepted Honors and NOT in engineering?? She is a great person (biased I know) and does have the drive and great ECs though, and I know the selection is holistic, but could she handle the rigor…???

Honors and Krannert

You are correct @tl4osu2023. Sadly, yes… it seems extra loans are needed for most students. Hopefully, you got some merit aid to help?

my cost of attendance is now $4700 ish excluding loans that i will not be accepting. received 2 scholarships (merit + need based)

son got in honors college

Maintaining a 3.5 GPA for honors. That is some serious high pressure for engineering and computer science majors.

no merit, cost of attendance is $43,954 per year, that is a lot!

Hi so I got waitlisted I believe my stats were much higher than the average. Could anyone tell me as to why they think I would have been waitlisted?
SAT - 1490
ACT -34
SAT MATH2 - 750
SAT PHY - 800
Top 10% of my graduating class
Pretty good ECs with amazing reccos

computer science major

Applied to computer science btw

RD or Early Action? if RD, then that is why.

I got a pretty good financial aid package! My cost is $1 (including a work study for $2.5k). I got the 21st century scholarship and federal + Purdue grants covered the rest. :slight_smile:

Early and was accepted Jan 15

wwsparent,
Thanks. We applied early and then were even awarded a scholarship but applied to incorrect school. We thought it was FYE but it was the Polytechnic school so not holding out too much hope for acceptance now as Purdue says they need to re-evaluate the application with the Regular Decision pool. Not sure how much space will be left. Really a shame for Purdue and my son. They would have been a great match.

I applied RD