Purdue University. How soon will we hear back from them?

My son submitted his application for Purdue University the first week of October. How soon will we hear back from them? He’s very anxious…

I believe it will be by January 15th. Purdue used to be rolling admissions and decisions were made as they evaluated the applications. This is the first year they switched to Early Action/Regular decision. Sorry, he’ll just need to be patient. :slight_smile:

http://admissions.purdue.edu/apply/deadlines.php

So I realized today that I forgot to send ACT scores last week like I thought. I did speak with Purdue because we have new higher scores from October that aren’t posted on the ACT site yet, so they definitely won’t have those for EA. They told me if they’re not there when his file is reviewed, they won’t be considered. However, they will review them for scholarship purposes, which is later.

The admissions site says they must “receive” all materials by the 11/1 due date. They are sent electronically, but I can’t determine how often - some schools get them daily? It also says it could take a couple weeks for them to process materials such that they show as received. I submitted them today, in case they do get them daily. Any idea if having them submitted today is ok for EA?

You might want to call ACT and ask someone whether he/she can tell you when the scores were sent out, and the likely day that Purdue would receive the scores. I know that you can pay extra for expedited delivery; did you do that?

If the school is set as electronic delivery, then there is no ability to get priority. So I sent them the only way possible.

Curious, Purdue called yesterday to ask my son if he had any questions. The odd thing was that he hadn’t submitted his app yet, he was just was working on it in common app. I guess schools can see who has selected them?

Hi,

I applied to Purdue EA and heard back from them today!!

Accepted into their main campus

3.1 GPA

OOS

1330/1600 SAT