Purdue Winter Recess and receiving late transcripts???

So I was working on common app and I submitted everything Purdue required prior to their office’s winter recess (Dec 23 - Jan 2). All my SAT score and everything was fine. BUT my counselor looked at the regular deadline of January 1st. He submitted my school report (including transcripts) after their winter break started. So now on my application checklist, everything is all set EXCEPT for my official high school transcripts. Is this because the offices are closed during the winter recess?? Will my application be late because they open after the deadline??

Thanks!

It’s OK. Purdue’s servers (and the IT staff to keep them running) don’t go on recess. Imagine you went on vacation and didn’t check your email for a few weeks. When you did got back and logged in, the messages would all show the dates on which they arrived at your email provider’s mail server, not the date on which you got around to reading them.

However, it likely takes human intervention to change the status on your application portal. So that’s not going to show up until the Purdue staff gets back from break. (Please give them time to clear out the backlog before you start emailing or calling them about it.)