Questions Re: Blinn TEAM Registration, Etc.

<p>My son was offered Blinn TEAM and submitted his application to Blinn College via ApplyTexas today. We have a couple of questions of those students and/or parents who've been through the process already:</p>

<p>Should he request his high school transcript now or wait for his final transcript (after graduation in June)?</p>

<p>Does he need to submit official SAT scores to satisfy the THEA requirement or will Blinn accept the unofficial SAT score listed on his high school transcript?</p>

<p>Would you recommend attending separate advising at the Blinn Bryan campus or is there an opportunity during NSC? </p>

<p>If he takes a summer class(es) at our local community college prior to starting TEAM, will the credit count towards the TEAM requirements?</p>

<p>Does anyone have experience taking Blinn distance courses over the summer to satisfy the TEAM requirements? </p>

<p>Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>@CentralTXParent My daughter is in her second semester on Blinn TEAM. She was just accepted as a transfer for Fall 2014 (Animal Science).</p>

<ol>
<li><p>You will need to ask your HS to send his official transcript at the end of the year. You can send one now, but they will need the final transcript sent before he can register. </p></li>
<li><p>Not sure about the SAT scores. To be safe, I would have the official scores sent.</p></li>
<li><p>Blinn requires that you attend a Blinn Advising Day Session (in addition to TAMU NSC). They will send you information about it. It is only about 1/2 day. We made an appointment to speak with a TAMU advisor the morning of our afternoon Blinn session. That way we were prepared for which Blinn classes to take to keep my daughter on track for transfer. He will register for Blinn classes at the Blinn Advising session and TAMU classes at the TAMU NSC.</p></li>
<li><p>Yes, any courses taken prior to the Fall semester will count toward the TEAM requirements. Make sure to check the transfer equivalency site for course numbers. He will also need to take the MATH placement tests for both campuses.</p></li>
</ol>

<p><a href=“Texas A&M University - Transfer Course Equivalency System”>Howdy Security Block;

<ol>
<li> We did not take a distance learning class from Blinn. My daughter took an online math class from Western Texas College at the recommendation of her advisor.</li>
</ol>

<p>Hope this helps! Good luck!</p>

<p>This is very helpful, @momma2014, exactly the sort of information I was looking for. Thank you!</p>

<p>If I may make one suggestion, be sure to speak with either a TAMU advisor or a TEAM advisor rather than a Blinn advisor. It has been our experience that the Blinn advisors know little about TEAM and are less enthusiastic to help. My daughter has been in Blinn TEAM the past two semesters and just today learned she was accepted for transfer into Education. The people on the A&M side were extremely helpful throughout the registration process when the Blinn advisors gave her wrong information.
Regarding the necessary forms: basically you are applying to two separate universities and both will need all documents, including meningitis immunization proof. Unfortunately the two schools do not work together to make it easier for the incoming student, which you will find frustrating at times.
That being said, Blinn TEAM is a wonderful opportunity for your son to become an Aggie! My daughter has no regrets choosing this path. Congratulations and Gig 'Em!! </p>