Quick "Early" Chance

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>I am considering University of Miami as my top pick school. I would just like to get an early opinion for next year when I apply. I would undoubtedly apply Early Decision; however, I am not so sure if University of Miami is the correct choice for me.</p>

<p>My unweighted GPA would be a 3.5 (weighted GPA is a 5.6/7). In that, I've taken three AP classes including AP US History, US Government, and Psychology. </p>

<p>I volunteer at the local library, participate in the school newspaper (Editorial Board Member - Director), run an organization to assist in teenage bullying and problems around the world - quite popular, management positions in several organizations within school and out of, have my pilot's license and is actively participating in flying organizations, state president of an organization known throughout the world (I directly oversee 8,000 high school students and liaison with businesses and the Board of Education within our state) and I have been at state level and international level competition each year within this organization, it's DECA.</p>

<p>I'm planning to get around a 2100 on the SATs as I've scored around there on my PSATs; still studying :). I've always scored high in CR and M so I do know that will be no problem for University of Miami.</p>

<p>School also is EXTREMELY competitive, top in the state, and I have not gotten to the point of receiving my class rank yet. Not sure if it would be a viable option to send it in.</p>

<p>Wondering my chances at U of M from experienced students/adults with very strong letter of recommendations and a extremely well written essay? The item I'm quite worried about is my GPA.</p>

<p>Thanks a ton.</p>

<p>With your EC’s, assuming you get that SAT score I think your GPA will be a nonissue. Look at some other schools, too - if you do well enough on the SAT I think you could break the top 20. That having been said, I’d pick UM over almost all of 'em :wink: Best of luck!</p>

<p>Agree with rankinr, also suggest you apply EA instead of ED. Many other threads here on CC discuss the differences and advantages/disadvantages of EA/ED.
~Zinc</p>