Reapplying to UCLA after being accepted

Hi guys,
I am a transfer student. I was admitted to UCLA for Fall 2023 and I accepted my offer but now due to some personal issues I no longer can’t attend. If I email them and decline my offer and stay at community college for another year and apply for next fall, will that have a negative effect on my application?

No, there should be no negative impact if you reapply next year but they may want a legitimate explanation for the withdrawal.

3 Likes

You are late but if your reasons are valid per the below, there was a chance at deferral. I can’t imagine you can make a late appeal - but I guess never say never. Worth an email at least. You’re only 2 weeks after the deadline.

UCLA does not grant many deferrals. Students are only admitted to the term for which they applied. There is no guarantee that a deferral request will be approved. If the request is not approved and you are unable to attend UCLA for Fall 2023, then you have the option to reapply for admission, with no guarantee that you will be admitted for that term.

Undergraduate Admission will generally only grant deferments for admitted students who have/will fulfill the conditions outlined on their admission contract AND meet the following criteria/circumstances*:

• medical condition(s) and/or treatment(s).
  • Active military orders and/or service.
  • Religious missions

All requests must be submitted for review between April 1 - August 15. To submit a request, please log in to the MyApplication Status website. Visit the “Contact Us” link and select “Deferment Request.” Requests sent via email will not be reviewed.

*Please note: majors within the professional schools (Arts, Music, Engineering, Nursing, TFT, etc) may have restrictions due to course availability that may impact a student’s eligibility for a deferment.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.