Rejected by UCLA, do i still have chance for UCB?

<p>I received Supplemental Questionaries from both UCLA and UCB. I just rejected by UCLA, do I still have chance for UCB and other UC.</p>

<p>hard to say… maybe post your stats?</p>

<p>Haven’t you heard? If you’re rejected to one UC, you’re almost always rejected to the rest. [/sarcasm]</p>

<p>JeSuis</p>

<p>what i only applied to 4 uc and if i got rejected form ucla then if what you say is correct i am dead.</p>

<p>they were being SARCASTIC. you probably still have a good chance at the others</p>

<p>UCLA and UC Berkeley look for very different students to attend their Universities. Rejection to one does not indicate a rejection to the other; in fact, I believe it’s quite uncommon to be accepted to both.</p>

<p>You still have a chance at the other two UC’s you applied to; UCLA is one of the toughest, and most people who are rejected from UCLA will be accepted to another great University of California.</p>

<p>All the schools have different ways at looking at an application. You will not know anything until they send out the acceptances.</p>

<p>Three years ago, my son got into UCLA, UCB and UCSD. He got rejected at UCSC. So, you see, these things make little sense.</p>

<p>UCLA tends to be narrowly focused on academic achievement while Berkeley favors well-rounded students. Rejection from UCLA is hardly an indication of how you will fare with Berkeley admissions.</p>

<p>@ilovecollege111
what were your stats? do you mind sharing? that mind give us a better opinion, and we could probably have a better idea of your chances. i am in the same shoes as you! rejected from ucla but still possibly hoping for ucb</p>

<p>My stats is average
GPA:3.8
SAT I:1540
SAT II: 800 and 640</p>

<p>Good personal statement and a lot of activities
Low income and 1st generation</p>

<p>As long as you meet the UC requirements for admissions, you technically “have a chance.” Looking at your stats however, it is MY opinion that that chance is extremely low for a school like Berkley.</p>

<p>I received Supplemental Questionaries from UCB, do I have higher chance?</p>

<p>We can’t answer that. Depends on how you fill out the questionnaire.</p>

<p>@ilovecollege111, what kind of supplement was it? There was one for talent, one for disability, and one for borderline students.</p>

<p>Ms Sun, quick question. Is the talent supplement for borderline students? My son got one last year for Berkeley. He had a 4.73 (4.0 UW), 34 ACT, 3 subject tests (780, 770, and 700), National AP Scholar, class rank #1 and a nationally ranked athlete. I couldn’t believe he was borderline! He got into UCSD (aerospace engineering), and UCLA/UCB (undeclared engineering). He selected Cal. I’ve always wanted the answer to this but didn’t know who to ask! Thanks!</p>

<p>Ms Sun, mine is borderline supplement, do i have a good chance?</p>

<p>^^ I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to take over your thread. I was just thinking how out of whack the UC admissions are if those kinds of stats were considered borderline. I’ve just always wanted to know the answer to this question. I’m not Ms Sun, but I think that getting a supplement is a good thing. It means they are looking at your application more closely. Something must have caught their eye. Hang in there. You will know soon enough and whatever happens, you will end up going somewhere that is perfect for you. It always seems to work out in the end. Good luck!</p>

<p>Ms. Sun, where did you get that info on UCB and UCLA? It’s very interesting… I’m no expert of course, but it seems to me that the opposite is true, at least looking at my friends who have gotten into UCB and UCLA over the years.</p>

<p>@momfirst3, talent is separate from borderline. Talent supplements go out to students who may make special contributions to the campus.</p>

<p>@ilovecollege111, borderline means you were in limbo between the “accept pile” and the “reject pile.” The supplement was meant to provide more information to help the admissions officers make a decision.</p>