Review Admit Decisions?

<p>Visited the PSC today. Checked in and such so they know I was there. Got a couple more visits planned out, too. Basically just asked a bunch of questions and such. The lady said that we’d be finding out some time in March about review admit decisions.</p>

<p>what is that mean?we must wait to March to get our decisions?</p>

<p>There are still rolling admissions, you may find out before March still.</p>

<p>Yes, we could find out before then but a majority of people are supposed to find out in March.</p>

<p>My son was a review admit and was accepted today. He was top 25% and was very close to an auto admit (if A&M had superscored he would have been an auto admit. ) He applied Nov. 30 or so. He had two LORS, a resume, and did all three essays. He had pretty good ECs also.<br>
Interestingly, we got his ACT scores today, which did qualify him for auto admit. I was trying to check to see how to get the ACT scores to A&M in time, when I saw that he was already admitted. He didn’t get a letter or an email about it. If we hadn’t checked the website, we wouldn’t have known yet.
btw–he had attended an admission day and had previously attended events at A&M which he mentioned when he applied.</p>

<p>I just read engineering is a competitive major.</p>

<p>What kind of stats do you typically have to have to get accepted to engineering? What if you don’t have them? are you placed in a university studies major if you are an automatic admit? </p>

<p>Also, does anyone know who are the most understandable and articulate physics professors? Are there any physics professors who grew up in the US and so don’t have an accent that’s hard to understand, who simultaneously explain physics well and give tests that reflect the material covered in class?</p>

<p>I wasn’t sure my question would be seen down here at the bottom of someone else’s thread so decided to submit as a new thread.</p>

<p>Some of the engineering majors are filled already. As I understand it, it’s first come, first served. If you are admitted you get your choice of major, unless it’s already filled. You can check on your AIS page, under change major to see which are still open.</p>

<p>When did you get your ap in? I think auto admits are decided pretty quickly.</p>

<p>Yeah, one of my issues is that I had put that I hadn’t visited. Now I’ve been to the campus (with another visit and Aggieland Saturday) and I’ve been to PSC. I hope Admissions can get that updated info that says I’ve shown interest</p>

<p>So I’ve visited my PSC nearby, visited campus and did a walking tour, residence hall tour, and a prospective student session. I’ve also registered for Aggieland Saturday? I’ve got to be showing a good amount of interest by now.</p>