Ronald A. Hammond Scholarship (U Miami 2023 Applicants)

My son received email yesterday as well. Pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to the weekend of March 29-30.

I received the email yesterday. Does anyone know if they cover the cost for travel to attended?

Does anyone know about the George Jenkins Scholarship and did anyone apply for it?

I want to correct my earlier post. It is on Canelink. Log in, go to Student Services, and click on Message Center on top left of screen. Travel is on your own. It is NOT under communication center.

Question. So, if I’m reading it correctly, the Canes Achievement Award Scholarship and the Ronald A. Hammond Scholarship are both tuition only, correct? So if awarded both, I’m assuming the Hammond Scholarship will simply make up the difference of what’s left in tuition after the Canes Achievement Scholarship?

@davidit1 my understanding is they don’t stack. So the hammond would replace and full tuition covered.

thanks @ufalumn1997

Is anyone going alone? I was also wondering how many students are awarded the scholarship

hey everyone! i just got a message to go to my canelink today which told me i was nominated for the scholarship, but i never received a letter in the mail.

Congrats! Do you not have to write the essay? My son’s deadline was March 6th.

@davidlt1 my deadline is march 15th. i applied regular decision in the spur of the moment. I never received an acceptance letter tho, so I’m a bit confused if this means that I likely have gotten accepted haha

Anyone know how many of the applicants actually receive the award?

@Momar0915 I applied early

Our son really enjoyed Hammond Weekend. Anxiously waiting for the final decision.

As did my daughter. If Hammond, she will be a Cane! Good luck to your son, sure his resume is incredible to be invited; therefore, very strong chance.

i was told by the interviewers that we will receive our decisions by tomorrow. i’m so anxious. i wish you all luck.

Good luck to your daughter as well Choctaw. Still awaiting word!

Everyone check their cane link email. My son was just notified that he received the Hammond Scholarship! Good luck to everyone!

well i didn’t get it :frowning:

Daughter did get Hammond, accepted. There were many ups and downs in the college process. She was accepted to 11 other schools, including Notre Dame and many top 50 schools. She probably didn’t consider The U to be top choice until she flew in early and visited Abess Center and RSMAS. The U turned out to be best fit for her. There were plenty of disappointments along the way, scholarship wise, so she felt that sting of rejection multiple times. It was like a roller coaster. As a person of faith, I always believe your path is not always clear. I know all the applicants had ridiculously strong resumes, and have many options. Thatgirlrichelie, I would really like to know where you choose. My daughter’s second choice was Colorado State. It had a very impressive College of Natural Resources. It is hard to get past school names like Cal, Miami, and Tulane, to see where you best fit in. In the end, they are all colleges.