Roommate packing lists

<p>OK, I know that there was a thread on here about things that need to be purchased/brought with the students. What items do the roommates need to coordinate so that they do not all bring 4 of the same thing? </p>

<ol>
<li>Toilet brush and plunger for each bathroom</li>
<li>dish towels</li>
<li>TV for main area? </li>
<li>Coffee pot? </li>
</ol>

<p>can you cut and paste the list and add to your post so anyone that needs the info can print out one complete list? </p>

<p>If there is already a list like this…then oops, and sorry! I could not find it.</p>

<p>PM me your email address. I have a master list in an Excel file that I would be glad to send you.</p>

<p>Peachtide, could you perhaps email me the same list? I’d be glad to PM you my email address.</p>

<p>Sure! PM me, KP98765.</p>

<p>Peachtide, could I ask for the list as well? I’m a prospective student for next year looking to go to Bama.</p>

<p>Peachtide- Thank you for sharing the list!</p>

<p>aerivus: PM your email address to me!</p>

<p>Is there any way to get the list without Excel? I don’t have access to this program.</p>

<p>Okay, so I just took D’s 8’x8’ rug out to “air out” and thought of something else you’ll need to add to your list, Febreeze Fabric refresher or other fabric freshener. (Unless you like the smelly gym socks kind of smell that is similar to a boys locker room.) Also, Pier 1 has some small bead air fresheners that are not loud and leave the room smelling nice without being overwhelming. The beads are in a small glass container that you add water to as needed for the desired level of scent. :slight_smile: Her dorm room doesn’t smell, but the rug has picked up the smell from being on the dorm carpet.</p>

<p>LOL - Just got back from dorm shopping <em>with</em> extra strength Fabreze in tow. Now if I could just get DS to bother to use it…</p>

<p>GottaHaveFaith - you can download Open Office for free to open an Excel file</p>

<p>Peachtide - can you upload the list to Google Docs and post the link here so people can download without having to bother you to send it via email (if allowed on this site).</p>

<p>^I am not sure how to upload it to Google Docs. If I figure it out, does anyone know how to link it on CC?</p>

<p>I can do it if you email it to me. I will PM you my email address.</p>

<p>Will do. Need to let everyone know that it was developed for my daughter and will need to be adapted for those with sons! Unless your boys will be taking “Vera Bradley bags” to Bama with them! LOL!</p>

<p>Peachtide’s List</p>

<p><a href=“https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am9noC63GDqQdDZvbU9taUlZWllNVlhOQW9CVWduN0E[/url]”>dorm list master - Google Sheets;

<p>Peachtide, I gave you edit access so you can update this list online if you like. All others can only read.</p>

<p>^Thanks! I need to update it for my son (Class of 2013) at some point, but not on my to-do list right now!</p>

<p>Since we had a long drive from OOS, I asked my daughter to pack her clothes in suitcases and pack the hangers separately. She neglected to COUNT the number of items that she packed and thus was way short of HANGERS. An extra trip to Target solved the challenge, but it messed up our departure schedule. Also bring TOOLS with you to assemble anything that needs assembling and SCISSORS/box knife to open those hermetically sealed manufacturer’s boxes and hard plastic encased items. A hammer, mallet or really strong person will be useful if the bed height needs to be changed. The hooks on the frame were wedged into the supports of ours; they came apart eventually but it took quite an effort.</p>

<p>Housing has updated the website to include the following information which had been provided last year at Bama Bound:</p>

<p>How to Hang Items in Your Room
The following communities may only use nails or push pins to hang items on walls (please limit 4 holes per room to avoid repair charges):</p>

<p>Blount Bryant
The Bluff Bryce Lawn Highlands
Lakeside (East & West)
Presidential Village
Ridgecrest (East, West, North, South) Riverside (East, West, North)</p>

<p>The following communities may only use 3m command strips to hang items on walls:
Burke East & West Friedman
Harris
Palmer Somerville Parham Tutwiler Paty</p>

<p>Housing may want to update their suggested packing list…it still says to bring plenty of 3M command products…?</p>

<p>So you can’t use command strips in the suite style dorms? I’m sorry, but 4 nail holes is not even remotely adequate. Is the reason for no command strips that kids were installing them/removing them incorrectly and they were pulling chunks of the wall off? </p>

<p>Anyone have ideas for something other than command strips or nails/push pins to hang things?</p>

<p>Is there a link for that new info? If so, can you post it?</p>