San Diego State Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

There are a few admits posted on May 8. Since the Fall semester starts August 17, the rest of the decisions cannot be that late into the summer. I would think if they are sending this information out, the waitlisted students should move on. I guess they are keeping the waitlist open in case of summer melt and issues with some admitted students transcripts which are due July 15.

I wish they would at least reduce the waitlist if that’s the case. Rip off the band-aid lol. Cause my S isn’t giving up hope until he gets that official rejection!! :laughing:

I completely understand that many students will hang on to the bitter end. UCSD started yesterday releasing students from the waitlist this year and started this practice last year. I believe that this is a much better approach than giving many students false hope, unfortunately schools will do what is best for them in this situation plus they usually remind students there is no guarantee regarding admission from the waitlist.

Best of luck to your son.

1 Like

My daughter was admitted to Civil Engineering after successful appeal. 3.81 GPA (Cal State GPA) for 10-12 grade marks. Most of the appeal was based on 10th Grade COVID impacted issues/marks since she has a 4.3 for 11-12 years. Appeal included documentation to backup assertions that included:

1. AB 104 window was missed in 10th Grade, poor communication from school (would have resulted in a different GPA calculation).
  2. 10th Grade modified sports schedule overlapped Fall / Winter / Spring sport practices in second semester, causing commitment to be 20+ hours a week.
  3. Achieved an A in a higher-level class in 11&12 Grade for any lower-class she received less than A in 10th Grade.
  4. Local Admission Area Cal State does not offer major of interest.
1 Like

No more space for waitlisted students :broken_heart:

source: portal

Yes, my son was finally let go yesterday. Poor dude. UCSD still has him waitlisted over there.

For Appeals
my daughter submitted one and says under review. Does it start and stay as “under review” until a decision is made? Did anyone’s decisions take less than 12 weeks?

Ucsd is suppose to release all wl decisions today. Good luck!