Scholarship question for Bama!

Hi everyone, im looking into attending the University of Alabama and it is my #1 choice right now! However, money is a huge factor in my decision. When I applied to the university in December, I also sent along my scholarship application and on my mybama portal in the scholarships tab a message shows up that states “Thank you for submitting your scholarship application to The University of Alabama for the 2016 - 2017 academic year. Should you be awarded any scholarships you will be notified by letter in mid to late March.” but I’ve heard people say that they’ve already received scholarships from the school…so is something wrong with my portal or did I just not get any scholarship?

Thank you for your help in advance, it means so much!

Stats?
Application date?
Scholarship app submission date?

@Loosabelle
Applied December 8 and submitted the scholarship app December 14.
GPA: 3.78
SAT:1570 I know its quite low so I’m not really getting my hopes up on the scholarship offers, just curious

The criteria for guaranteed merit scholarships is available here;

http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/out-of-state.html

Other scholarships and official scholarship offers to be accepted or declined are extended in the spring.

What is your CR + Math score on SAT?

<<<
but I’ve heard people say that they’ve already received scholarships from the school…so is something wrong with my portal or did I just not get any scholarship?
<<<

You may have heard students mentioning their scholarships because they may have qualified for some of the assured merit for stats.

I don’t think the competitive awards have been awarded yet. However, your SAT might be too low for an academic scholarship. The unfortunate fact is that most students do not get scholarships. What are your parents saying about how much they’ll pay each year.