Scholarships

<p>I applied to University of Alabama on July 31 and was accepted on September 2. I have 32 ACT and 4.0 GPA from grades 9-11 which qualifies me for the presidential scholarship, however I have not received any letter with a scholarship offer. When do scholarship letters usually arrive? UA is the only school I am considering and I am therefore getting rather anxious as some people have already claimed to receive scholarship letters and I have received nothing after 2 weeks of waiting. I graduated earlier this year and I’m taking a year off from school before entering college, but I will still be a first time freshman and when I called the university in June I was told that I am still eligible for scholarships. If you have any information on this topic please share. Thanks!</p>

<p>Don’t worry, Woodjew! Congratulations! I think my son got his “snail mail” letter last year 3 to 4 weeks after he was accepted online. (Accepted around 8/20/13.)</p>

<p>When did you get your ACT 32?</p>

<p>It may seem like an obvious question, but did you fill out the scholarship application form on myBama? Unlike some schools, Alabama requires you to apply for scholarships instead of evaluating all applications for scholarships.</p>

<p>Yes I submitted the scholarship application.</p>

<p>@mom2collegekids‌ ACT score was from October of my senior year</p>

<p>Ok…so you should be fine. If you don’t get a letter soon, then send an email to <a href=“mailto:amber.capell@ua.edu”>amber.capell@ua.edu</a> Include your CWID.</p>

<p>You say that you took “a year off”…but just to be sure, you didn’t take any CC or college classes during that time, correct?</p>

<p>Correct, I haven’t received credit from any institution since graduating and I haven’t enrolled in any college courses. I’ll wait a couple more weeks and see if the letter comes by then. If I don’t receive anything I’ll contact the person you mentioned</p>

<p>When you send the email, be sure to include the following quote from the UA website:</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>As long as you do not receive any academic credit from another institution and meet the December 15 admission deadline for the year you are applying you will be considered. You must notify the Scholarships department in writing of your year off from school immediately following your graduation from high school. As with any entering freshman, your GPA through your junior year in high school and your test scores from your senior year in high school will be considered. Don’t forget that the December ACT and December SAT during your senior year will be the last test scores considered for scholarships.
<<<</p>

<p>Did you contact the school in June in writing? </p>

<p>No but I called the scholarships department in June and they confirmed that I would be eligible for scholarship consideration.</p>

<p>Is there a separate application for the OOS scholarship? I don’t remember seeing anything about this when my son filled out the application. But then again my memory is not what it used to be.</p>

<p>no its same.</p>

<p>I emailed the scholarships department yesterday and just received this:</p>

<p>"Thank you for contacting me and congratulations on your acceptance to The University of Alabama! You are correct that you are eligible for the Presidential Scholarship and I’m not sure why it has not updated on your account. I have contacted our Scholarships Office and will let you know as soon as I find out more information!</p>

<p>Sincerely,</p>

<p>Katy Buerger"</p>