Scholarships 2013

<p>I know A&M has has started awarding scholarships, but I'm not sure if they're done yet. I'm specifically interested in if anybody has heard about McFadden or Lechner scholarships yet. Please post what you got and the name?</p>

<p>Maybe we can all get an idea of where TAMU is in the process of awarding them.</p>

<p>I received the President Endowed Scholarship on my Howdy Portal on Tuesday. Beyond happy as I wasn’t expecting anything. </p>

<p>Does anyone know when Mays Business hands out its scholarships?</p>

<p>I don’t think my daughter has checked her portal lately. Post back here if you receive a letter in the mail or an email as well, please.</p>

<p>Where did you find it on the HOWDY portal?</p>

<p>I’ve received a mail in my tamu email account about how I would like to receive my refunds, financial aid distributions, etc. Maybe it has got something to do with this?</p>

<p>How did you get a TAMU email account?</p>

<p>The email just popped up recently because we checked on Wednesday and its wasnt there. The only email was from the following:</p>

<p>Important Message About Your Refunds From the University</p>

<p>Did you get a separate email regarding scholarships?</p>

<p>you enter here: <a href=“https://services.tamu.edu/zimbra/[/url]”>https://services.tamu.edu/zimbra/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Under your Howdy Portal you go to my finances > Financial Aid Portal > and at the top click awards.</p>

<p>Is the financial aid portal down?</p>

<p>It was down earlier.</p>

<p>It’s down for me.</p>

<p>My D can’t access email yet.</p>

<p>I received a letter yesterday stating that I’m a Century Scholar Recipient. I was surprised because I wasn’t expecting anything.</p>

<p>Does departmental scholarships come out in any particular date or its given randomly throughout the year, especially for engineering department?</p>

<p>Confused: Last year my S received am engineering scholarship over the summer. I guessed it came from money that became available after others didn’t attend since it was awarded so late. BTW notification of all scholarship money eventually did come in the mail but we first found out about it on the portal.</p>

<p>I received a sholarship offer in the mail today, from the EE department. I didn’t receive anything by e-mail though</p>

<p>The name was Electrical and Computer Engineering Scholarship, if anyone’s wondering</p>

<p>My son also received money over the summer…engineering. Does anyone know when they begin notifying continuing students about scholarships? The app deadline was Feb 1.</p>

<p>My son received a Lechner and Opportunity Award scholarships last week.</p>