Scholarships?

<p>Has anyone heard anything about scholarships yet?</p>

<p>Yeah, I got a letter about 2 weeks ago. But I think you can expect them throughout February.</p>

<p>were you happy with what you received? Is Loyola generous?</p>

<p>I received my scholarship letter about two weeks ago, also. </p>

<p>Loyola gives out ten full ride Ignatian Scholarships. The recipients of those have already been notified via telephone.</p>

<p>Loyola does give out merit scholarships, but it could be more generous. I have a 32 ACT, 3.8 GPA, and excellent extracurriculars. I interviewed for the Ignatian, but did not get it. The next step down for scholarships is the Dean's, which runs from $16,000- $20,000 a year. </p>

<p>I got $20,000 year and will be able to add on $3,500 from Louisiana's TOPS program as a resident of that state. Considering my stats, however, the fact that Loyola costs $37,000 a year, I'm a bit miffed that I didn't more. The school should consider offering larger scholarships for those who are highly qualified but didn't earn a free ride. Scholarship applicants were very competitive this year, but it's a shame that the next step down from a full ride is a half ride.</p>

<p>I also have a sister who applied to Loyola three years ago. She received $15,000 a year with a 28 ACT and lower GPA than mine as well as fewer EC's. It wasn't enough to make the college affordable for my family. When my parents told this to her admissions counsellor, we were simply told, "Oh, you can afford it."</p>

<p>With that being said, Loyola isn't as generous at it could be in my opinion. Maybe it's just because I of my two experiences, but there are schools out there with higher rankings handing out more money. In the end, however, it is still a good school, and a strong contender on my list. Schools often have very limited funding for financial aid, and I've heard of schools with much worse aid.</p>

<p>according to website</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Financial Aid Eligibility Notification Dates</p>

<p>a) Merit-Based Scholarships: Students who are accepted for admission under the Early Action program will be notified no later than February 15, 2009; students who are accepted for admission under the Regular Decision program will be notified no later than April 15, 2009.</p></li>
</ol>

<p>according to website</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Financial Aid Eligibility Notification Dates</p>

<p>a) Merit-Based Scholarships: Students who are accepted for admission under the Early Action program will be notified no later than February 15, 2009; students who are accepted for admission under the Regular Decision program will be notified no later than April 15, 2009.</p></li>
</ol>

<p>Yeah, I interviewed (via phone since I live in NC) for the full ride. Didn't get it either, but I feel better knowing that only 10 people got it. I was offered $18,500 a year. I actually think that Loyola is pretty generous with scholarship money/financial aid.</p>

<p>how did you apply or interview for the full ride? Also, would the full ride have included r&b too?</p>

<p>You needed to have a 3.5 GPA and 29 ACT to qualify for the scholarship. I believe those who qualified were called to schedule an interview either on the phone or in-person.</p>

<p>The scholarship covers the entire cost of attendence, including room and board.</p>