SDSU Class of 2023 Application Thread

@v13579: Very important are HS course rigor, CSU GPA and test scores. Important is Geographic location and State Residency. That is the list and this information can be found on the common dataset.

My daughter was waitlisted. But was accepted at Cal Poly Slo.

Bilology Major
GPA; 4.1
ACT: 28

@EngTchrMom go to portal admission status upper left click on it, and see under Applicant information on the bottom Admission Status Date. There will be a date. Supposedly this is when your application was last viewed.

@Gumbymom, is any geographic location other than San Diego more weighted than any other? For example OC vs LA vs NorCal?

@screen_name123, 3.7 GPA 1330 SAT. Very rigorous HS if that matters. I’m not holding my breath! :slight_smile:

@TwoforT: All CSU’s are suppose to give local preference for applicants residing in their local service area however, SDSU stopped giving local preference for Freshman several years ago. An article addressing this issue was posted in 2017 and changes were to begin in 2019, however according to the article it states “Changes may begin for students who apply next fall for 2019 admission”. May is the key word here since there is no way to know if this policy is in use for this admission cycle.

My observation is that no California geographic region is weighted higher than other regions. Out of state is a whole different story since OOS students bring in the extra $$$.

https://edsource.org/2017/csu-looks-to-favor-locals-in-admission-a-move-that-will-help-those-who-need-to-stay-close-to-home/589011

If my date was the day I submitted it does that mean it hasn’t even been viewed yet?

^^??

denied
environmental science
i have no clue what my EI is
4.14 csu gpa (3.96 uw)
1280 SAT
in state (not from san diego)

@bridgetross not sure. Seems it may just be speculation that the date even means anything. I had seen it a while back on this thread but since dates of other applicants seem all over the place it might be best just to disregard it. Supposedly it will change once they send out your admission notification. Not sure if anyone else has a better idea of the date significance.

Mine is still pending, will there be more acceptances or only waitlist/rejections??

Have any english majors received a decision ?

@co2019man I called in yesterday and they said they will be sending out more acceptances along with rejections and waitlists so I guess they’re sending them all out in waves at the same time?

I had a 3.9 GPA and a 1480 SAT and got waitlisted for stats.

EI=4600

In state, nonlocal.

Kinda surprised, but got into Cal Poly so not really bummed about it.

denied - offered waitlist
Biology
local area
3.68 GPA 1300 SAT
accepted: CSULB, CPP, UCR

can someone chance me??

CSU gpa: 3.72
SAT: 1360
In state, not local
Major: Nursing

rejected!
EI:3990
Major: Sustainability

Daughter declined today. :o( (very sad daughter)

CSU GPA: 3.83
SAT: 1330
In State, not local
Major: Psychology

Accepted to date: CSULB, CSU Fullerton, Chico State, CU Boulder, University of Denver, Arizona, Colorado State
Declined: University of Washington
Pending: Cal Poly SLO, UCD, UCSB, UCSC, UCSD

Denied for anthropology

Daughter Denied Nursing today
SAT 1360
CSU GPA 4.14