Sending ACT Scores and Transcripts

I checked the status of my application and it says that my ACT scores have not been received yet. Does anyone know how long it will take before they receive the scores? Also, it says that they need a transcript from the college that I am doing dual enrollment at. If this year is my first time taking classes at the college, do I have to send a transcript?

I think my son’s ACT scores took a couple of weeks to show up in the system. Did you order the scores from ACT, to be sent directly to UA?

Yes, as I understand it you need to send a transcript for your DE courses even if they’re in progress. I plan to send an updated version of my son’s DE transcripts for this semester, and spring, so that he gets transfer credit for the courses he completed.

Yes I ordered the scores to be sent to UA. I just wasn’t sure about the time frame and I will check with my school about the transcript for my DE courses. Thanks! :slight_smile:

@Chopinspiano - at my son’s community college and local university (taken DE at both) it’s very easy to order the transcript to be sent electronically. He does it online. Just an FYI.

@SouthFloridaMom9 Good to know! I’ll check tomorrow seeing that I’m in SC and our schools are closed due to the flooding. :frowning:

Oh no - hope things get better in SC! My son is looking at Clemson - not sure what’s going on there.

@SouthFloridaMom9 I live in upstate SC and Clemson is fine. We have had rain, but very little damage .

Glad to hear that @carolinamom2boys - thanks so much for the update!

@SouthFloridaMom9 What is your son thinking of studying at Clemson?

@carolinamom2boys - he wants to study computer science but is interested in the Lyceum scholarship (sp?).

Mine too.

Not familiar with that scholarship

@SouthFloridaMom9 I looked up Lyceum scholarship. It’s a $10,000 scholarship paid out over 4 years ( 2500 a year) and requires taking 4 classes.

@carolinamom2boys - I noticed that this afternoon. The subject matter would be interesting to my son but I’m not sure it would be enough to draw us to Clemson.

If he has good stats he is eligible for merit scholarships . Are you familiar with merit for OOS students .

Yes, I did glance at those. How much of a party school is Clemson? That’s one thing that worries me. My son is a full-on tech geek squad kid (and he would tell you that too!). :slight_smile:

He has a very solid ACT and a high GPA with 20+ dual enrollment credits (homeschooled since 3rd grade).

I think any school is a party school if that’s what a student is looking for. Clemson is a huge engineering school, so lots of intelligent geeks. They have a well respected Honors program which he may also be interested in. There is a large Greek population at Clemson, but not everyone joins a Frat. There is a live and learn community called RISE for science and engineering students who want to be around their peers. My son sounds very much like your son except the home school part, and I would feel comfortable with him going there. I would definitely recommend a visit before deciding though.