She got in!!!

<p>My daughter just got her acceptance letter in the mail!!! She got into the COE! Soooo excited!!!! It wasn't online and I was shocked to get the envelope! </p>

<p>Congrats!! I got my acceptance today too :)</p>

<p>High five for the acceptance! Just got the letter today. Does anyone happen to know where/when we find out about University Honors?</p>

<p>are u regular freshman or what? how come you guys got your results early?</p>

<p>Seems like COE is doing some things early…maybe Honors applicants too?</p>

<p>We haven’t heard about honors yet…congratulations to both of you too!!</p>

<p>@crazymomof4 - Congratulations to your daughter! My son just got in as well.</p>

<p>Do you care to post your daughter’s stats? What is your home state?</p>

<p>@dad… SATs almost 2100…UGPA 4.0. WGPA 4.9 last semester…rank 6 jr year…2 AP classes last year…4 this year. we live in the northeast. Congrats to your son. </p>

<p>. </p>

<p>Congratulations to your daughter. We’re still waiting to hear for our DD2 - she got into UT Austin Engineering, so hopefully VT will also accept her.</p>

<p>DD1 is COE Civil 3rd year and LOVES VT. I hope your daughter considers the Hypatia program. It gave DD1 a great start - instant friends, academic support, career support. She landed a gem of an internship after sophomore year because of a fellow Hypatia classmate gave her the tip to visit a particular company at the career fair. DD1now lives off campus with the friends she met freshman year on the Hypatia floor. All engineers, all with multiple internship offers this year and all good kids.</p>

<p>It’s not just COE, a friend at my high school also got accepted to a different major. This is just the first wave of regular decision they sent out I’m assuming.</p>

<p>True. A couple of kids in my son’s H.S. (in-state) also got letters this week. VA Beach area. Very frustrating. Wish they would just send all at the same time so it does not make the kids crazy/worried.</p>

<p>Letter was in the mailbox when we got home last night! Accepted to Engineering, OOS. 4.6 GPA/7th in class. Too cute - sitting on the couch, doing her homework as alway, wearing her Hokie sweatshirt and sweatpants when we handed her what was clearly an acceptance packet. She was pretty surprised because she had just checked her status on line and it was unchanged.</p>