Thank you Virginia Tech!

I haven’t posted on CC for some time now but wanted to post now that my daughter has received both her masters and bachelors degrees from VT in civil engineering. She had a wonderful experience in her 5 years at the school. Between the friends that she made and the education she received and the terrific job now waiting for her, it is hard to find fault with VT. Thank you to VT and Hypatia for all of the support you provided.

And she wasn’t alone in her success - all of her friends have also had great outcomes - 2 are pursuing PhD, 4 have completed Masters programs, and all who have finished their education have landed great jobs in their fields, most had multiple offers. Companies include Ford, Walmart, PWC, Lockheed, and prominent construction companies. They may have entered VT as awkward, shy or unsure of themselves but all are now beautiful, poised, confident and articulate.

She worked hard - very hard but also had a ball - football games, concerts, parties, hiking, spring break cruises, steel bridge competition - she really didn’t miss out on anything college has to offer.

I just love that school and am so happy she went there. Thank you VT!

Thank you also to the CC community for helping us identify VT as a possible option for her. We live in Mass. and so were not familiar with VT other than from news reports. CC help us learn so much about the school and its supporters. We never would have focussed on VT without this great forum.

Good luck to everyone in your search for the right fit. CC certainly helped my daughter find hers.

Congratulations to your daughter and family OP! VT is a wonderful place. My sister still loves it almost a quarter century later!

Congrats to your daughter. My son is starting in a few weeks in the Summer Academy and will also be in the Engineering program. Seems like he made a fantastic choice. So happy we are now Hokies!

Congrats! My son is starting VA Tech in the fall. I’m amazed by the parent and alumni network. He’s pretty excited.

Congrats and best wishes to your daughter!!! My daughter is starting this fall! So glad she chose VT.

That is so great to hear! My daughter is on the swim team and is starting at summer academy in a little over a month. She’s very excited.

Congratulations , @Bennnie ! And hope all of you with kids heading to Virginia Tech enjoy your trips to Blacksburg. It really is a wonderful place. Hope your kids have a great time!