Shuttle service for holidays

<p>Since we’ve been talking about going home for breaks on the Iron Bowl thread, thought it would be good to have a link for shuttles to the Birmingham airport offered by the university.</p>

<p>I have done a search on the UA site and cannot find it.</p>

<p>Can someone help me out here?</p>

<p>I’m sure others would be interested in this as well.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>It’s on the housing website.</p>

<p>[Student</a> Affairs | Housing & Residential Communities](<a href=“http://housing.ua.edu/on_campus/shuttle.cfm]Student”>http://housing.ua.edu/on_campus/shuttle.cfm)</p>

<p>Thanks so much, mom. I don’t know why I couldn’t find it.</p>

<p>Just wanted to bump this up since we’re coming upon Fall Break.</p>

<p>I just called the number from Mom’s above post and got the following info I wanted to share.</p>

<p>Students have to go to the housing office in Mary Burke Hall, which is at the bottom of Burke East, the dorm, to get an info sheet and sign up for this THEMSELVES. We cannot do this over the phone and pay for it for them.</p>

<p>Also, payment is by Visa, MasterCard, money order, or check. NO CASH OR BAMACASH. </p>

<p>Wanted to give y’all a heads up on this because not every student has a checking account with paper checks nor a Visa or MasterCard of their own. </p>

<p>Where would one get a money order on campus, for those who would want to use that form of payment?</p>

<p>Wonder if the shuttle service is the same for visits. S is visiting in 2 weeks and they told me to have him take the shuttle from b’ham. Wonder if he can pay in cash, use his debit or I can prepay? I will have to call. Also looking into car service. He has to connect which he has never done alone, only 1 hour & 5 mins between flights, so I’m concerned enough abuout that without having to worry about him getting to campus from the airport. Also wonder where he is going to put his stuff all day, I’m sure he doesn’t want to carry around his laptop and dufflebag all day until he meets his overnite person. I’ll have to ask Jami.</p>

<p>For non-holiday break times…</p>

<p>HOW TO REACH TUSCALOOSA</p>

<p>**
From the Birmingham Airport**</p>

<p>Birmingham Door-to-Door Shuttle Service departs from the Birmingham Airport and drops off at the Sheraton Four Points Hotel or to any other hotel you request. Service is available by reservation only and must be confirmed with a credit card. Reservations are taken between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. CST by calling 1-888-349-1544. The Shuttle Service waits for its passengers outside the baggage claim area at the designated time.</p>

<p>Taxi Services
Druid Cab Service - (205) 758-9011
Radio Cab Service - (205) 758-2831
Southern Air Limousine Service (cab) - (205) 750-8763 </p>

<p>Greyhound Bus Lines serves the Tuscaloosa area. Transportation from the Birmingham Airport to the Birmingham Greyhound bus station, as well as from the Tuscaloosa Greyhound bus station to campus will be needed. For bus schedule and fare information, call 1-800-231-2222 extension 0 or 205-758-6651.</p>

<p>My son used Birmingham Door to Door Shuttle when he flew down by himself for orientation. They were expensive (I think over $100 round trip) and only took cash, which they told me up front when I made the reservation. They were very nice, assured me the would “take good care of him” and brought him directly to the dorm where he needed to check in. Their counter is by the baggage claim area so they were easy to find at the airport too.</p>

<p>You can get a money order at any bank, like the Alabama Credit Union in the Ferg.</p>

<p>If your child doesn’t have one already, I would suggest getting them a Visa (or MasterCard) credit and/debit card for instances when places don’t take cash.</p>

<p>I’ve used Birmingham Door to Door Shuttle when moving out in May and for moving in this past August and would highly recommend them. The cost to Tuscaloosa is $80 one way, $115 roundtrip, plus gratuity. They do accept credit cards, but prefer cash.</p>