UWBadgers.com - website for ordering your student season football tickets

<p>Student season football tickets went on sale this morning at 7:30 a.m. central time ($174 for 7 home games, including the $20 processing charge).</p>

<p>Wow! My son went on line at 7:39 Central. He says the he can’t get any season tickets. The Badgers are clearly a hot ticket. Any suggestions?</p>

<p>Really? I waited on a loading screen til 745 ish then got mine. i got all home games and then two to go to iowa</p>

<p>Etherdome - try again, my son couldn’t get in right at 7:30, but he hit refresh and then was able to complete the transaction. I think last year it took 2 hours and 20 minutes before they were sold out.</p>

<p>Sold out.</p>

<p>[UW</a> football: Undergrads gobble up season tickets in 36 minutes](<a href=“http://host.madison.com/sports/college/football/article_4f7191c0-7d3e-11df-854f-001cc4c002e0.html]UW”>http://host.madison.com/sports/college/football/article_4f7191c0-7d3e-11df-854f-001cc4c002e0.html)</p>

<p>There is an active resale market with most games at face value or less.</p>

<p>This is really too bad. Every undergraduate student should be given the opportunity to buy season tickets just like many other schools with big time football programs.</p>

<p>first come, first serve seems fair to me.</p>

<p>but tickets arent that difficult to get during the season, so i wouldnt be too worried if someone wanted tix but didnt get them initially</p>

<p>Nova must not understand the prestige of Big Ten football. This is not the ACC.</p>

<p>Redhawk with the smackdown. Yes, when I’m in Virginia I can go up to C’Ville and usually somebody will GIVE me a ticket for free–that’s how bad the market for UVa football games is.</p>

<p>I got tickets for football and hockey… 319$ later, but who can complain! GO BADGERS!</p>

<p>I’m hardly a U-Va football fan, but I have to tell you, whether they’re good or bad the admission for students is ALWAYS free. That UW undergrads have to participate in a lottery to get football tickets is just another sign that the school is (1) too big and (2) couldn’t care less about its undergrads. As barrons would say, research research research!</p>

<p>It’s not a lottery, where did you get that information?</p>

<p>Actually, not all UVA students can get a ticket: Capacity for student admissions and student guest tickets for home football games at Scott Stadium is 13,000. Once 13,000 students and Student Guest ticket holders have entered Scott Stadium, no additional students will be admitted to the stadium. </p>

<p>Total undergrads: 15,464</p>

<p>Luckily, the UVA football program does a good job in keeping many of the students at home anyways. Or is that how the student body is in general–they just stay at home?</p>

<p>Nothing is free. The money is just collected in another way. Perhaps if UVa spent less on “free football tickets” and more on science their science programs would not be in the toilet.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>It’s not a lottery, it’s first come first serve. They are hard to get simply because of high demand. That being said, I got a couple e-mails from Madison reminding me when the student tickets would be on sale, and if you were up at 7:30 (as I was) chances are you didn’t have any problems getting tickets.</p>

<p>Meanwhile the joke that is UVa football continues to implode. People might be paying me to take their tickets this Fall.
At least they have former a former UW coach to rebuild the equally sorry (once proud) basketball program. </p>

<p>[Cavaliers</a> lose five players | Lynchburg News Advance](<a href=“http://www2.newsadvance.com/lna/sports/college/university_of_virginia/article/cavaliers_lose_five_players/28023/]Cavaliers”>http://www2.newsadvance.com/lna/sports/college/university_of_virginia/article/cavaliers_lose_five_players/28023/)</p>

<p>73666673 is pretty spot-on. A large majority of anyone I’ve seen who did not acquire tickets were those who weren’t online when the tickets went on sale. Certainly there are always exceptions, but the early bird gets the worm…</p>

<p>Besides, tickets are in high demand for good reason. I gladly paid $174 for the home games, nothing can match Big Ten football, especially in Madtown.</p>

<p>Lottery or first come first serve, the point is that UW’s system doesn’t allow enough tickets for every undergrad to be guaranteed tickets. And what happens if you have to work the morning that the tickets go on sale? You’re screwed in that case. Yea, UW, real fair.</p>

<p>Research research research!</p>

<p>Big School…you learn how to work the/with the system. If you are working you get a friend or parent or someone to jump on the computer early and help you out. Just not that complicated.</p>