Singer/Stamps 2013

<p>Nothing here… Do you think they’re going to make us wait for Monday!?!</p>

<p>I certainly hope not. Wasn’t the timeline two weeks? Well, last time I checked, tomorrow is two weeks exactly. So, technically if we don’t hear today, then it should be Saturday. According to past posts, the results came out nine days after the interviews. I wonder what is going on…this waiting is driving me crazy.</p>

<p>I have no idea what is taking them so long…</p>

<p>I am getting anxious!</p>

<p>I am really, really surprised we haven’t heard anything at this point. Has anybody contacted UM to find out when they would be notifying the first weekend recipients???</p>

<p>Nerves getting very frayed.</p>

<p>Why UM? Why? Are u running out grants? </p>

<p>(I heard Miami grants are gone)</p>

<p>So, is this it until Monday?</p>

<p>I think some of Miami’s psychology majors must be doing some sort of experiment. Anaylising how we all take to stress endured through waiting and the testing of patience. I am confident this was the case with admission decisions as well, watching as people in other regions of the country and then your own get their decisions while you wait and wonder what happened to yours.</p>

<p>Just curious…did anybody call or e-mail Christi Busto to find out the status of what the heck is going on? I guess we all have to “sit tight” until Monday now…</p>

<p>KerriDaniels - Hi! I thought that might be you :slight_smile: sorry, I couldn’t reply to your message because I don’t have enough posts… So enjoyed meeting you (and your son briefly) while we were in Miami! I really can’t believe we’re still waiting… starting to hope it’s even Monday now! Best of luck!</p>

<p>Does anyone have any insight as to what is taking so long? I felt like the weekend created a lot of buzz and excitement, particularly Friday night. Now with this interminable wait and their walking away from their announcement that everyone who attended would be a Foote Fellow, I feel they have lost some of the momentum they generated with my son.He has other offers from higher ranked schools, but my wife and I want him to go to Miami so we want the U to be seen in the best possible light. We are starting to feel very frustrated.</p>

<p>I haven’t called, so I don’t have any insight. But I understand how you feel and am in the same situation.</p>

<p>I would just shoot an email to Cristi. She is very responsive and supportive. You will not be viewed as nagging at all. I think @mauswa captures the issue and concern well.</p>

<p>I don’t know what’s behind the delay this year but am hoping everyone waiting receives good news later today! I don’t think this timing was in the original plan since IllD93 said the student interviewers were told the results would be released Friday or Monday a week after the scholarship weekend. The Monday date would have followed past patterns. </p>

<p>Since the student interviewers were told those dates, IllD93 said she (and i’m guessing other interviewers) repeated that info to the students she interviewed, so she is anxiously awaiting the news too… </p>

<p>I’m wondering if there was a computer glitch of some sort perhaps - maybe something that Zincwhiskers could fix in a jiffy if he was down here with time on his hands : ) </p>

<p>Anyway crossing fingers that good news comes out very soon!</p>

<p>It wouldn’t be that difficult for them to send out an email stating when the results would come out. They have to know that people may still be planning last minute visits to other schools.</p>

<p>Cristi posted on Facebook the emails will be sent tomorrow. Good luck everyone!</p>

<p>Thank you MTnest!</p>

<p>D just received her email… Gables Scholarship and Foote Fellow - she’s very pleased! Best of luck to everyone else :)</p>

<p>Well I guess they started early!!! Congrats MiniSota – how much is the Gables Scholarship?</p>