Singer/Stamps 2013

<p>illinois mom didn’t you get 22K? I hope we hear tonight! It’ would really help the extra $$$! good luck to you and all those who already received. Good work!!!</p>

<p>@eaglegirl- Would you mind posting your stats? It will be very helpful for next year’s class just as last year’s stat posts were helpful for this year’s kids)</p>

<p>ACT (Composite AND superscore - several have asked recently if SS is considered in awards as opposed to just invites)
and/or
SAT scores (without writing)</p>

<p>Class Rank - (if available) historically rank has been important at the []_[]</p>

<p>GPA (UNWEIGHTED - weighted depends on the way each school weights classes so is comparing apples to oranges from school to school)</p>

<p>AP Scores/SAT Subject test Scores
GPA (UNWEIGHTED - weighted depends on the way each school weights classes so is comparing apples to oranges from school to school)</p>

<p>AP Scores/SAT Subject test Scores </p>

<p>@Bubba - IllinoisD93 is currently a freshman at the []<em>[] so she went through this process last year : ) Last year at this time we were scrambling to get airfare with only a few weeks notice after she received her invite on Feb 3rd. She is THRILLED with her decision to attend the []</em>[], and so are we!</p>

<p>Of course!</p>

<p>ACT Composite: 33 (30 M 32 R 33 E 36 S)
Superscore: 34 (30 M 33 R 35 E 36 S)
SAT scores (without writing): 1400/1600 (660 CR 740 M)</p>

<p>Class Rank: 10/468
GPA UW: 4.0</p>

<p>AP Scores:
AP Calc BC 5
AP Stat 5
AP Bio 5
AP Eng Lang 5</p>

<p>SAT II:
Bio E 740
Literature 780</p>

<p>Hope this helps! Good luck everyone!</p>

<p>I also received the invitation, after having received a 22k presidential scholarship.
ACT: 34 (Superscored) 32 (In one sitting)
SAT I: Did not send
SAT II: 760 Math2, 740 Bio-E
GPA UW: 4.0, W:4.6
AP: World History 5, Calculus 5, Government 5, Literature 4 (I am taking Lang this year hoping for a 5)
I have been taking dual-enrollment classes at Ohio State for the past two years, so while I haven’t taken too many AP courses I have been challenging myself with the hardest schedule available.
ECs: not much I have volunteered with various organizations in the past but not habitually</p>

<p>Hope this helps anyone still waiting wondering if the will get an invite and everyone next year as well!!! I will let you all know how the weekend goes and the results!</p>

<p>Could those who have gotten the email invites today please let us know what time those emails arrived? Wondering if they were all sent at once or whether they’re going out in waves, with more possibly still to come.</p>

<p>@Chwwhc I received mine at 4:34 pm eastern time zone</p>

<p>our daughter got 22k presidential and a singer invite in the mail the same day the main acceptance package arrived but in a separate envelope. email also arrived today. 32 ACT, 32.5 superscore. no class rank but a top prep school.</p>

<p>@midwesternboy - which weekend were you invited to attend - the Stamps (first weekend on March 2nd) or the Singer (second weekend, perhaps the 23rd)?</p>

<p>@eaglegirl - thanks so much - next year’s kids will find all these stats very helpful in gauging their chances : )</p>

<p>Oops - I just realized that I made a mistake with the different time zones. I got mine at 4:34 eastern time as well. They were probably all sent at once.</p>

<p>email arrived at 4:36 PM (eastern) for Stamps/Singers on March 1/2</p>

<p>^Chwwhc I received mine at 4:48 pm eastern time zone</p>

<p>And to be clear my son was invited to the March 22-23 Singer Scholarship weekend (not Stamps Scholarship Weekend on March 1-2)</p>

<p>@illinoismom93 I was invited to the March 1-2 weekend for both the Singer and Stamps consideration.</p>

<p>For those invited to the Stamps/Singer Scholarship Weekend on March 1-2 here is the agenda:</p>

<p>Friday, March 1
3:30 p.m. Registration begins at the Ashe Building on campus
4:00 p.m. Bus transportation provided to campus from select hotels
5:00 p.m. Optional campus tour
5:30 p.m. Bus transportation provided to campus from select hotels
6:00 p.m. Registration begins at the Fieldhouse next to the BankUnited Center on campus
6:30 p.m. Welcome and Opening Dinner </p>

<p>Saturday, March 2
9:00 a.m. Arrive to campus; meet student mentors
9:30 a.m. Participate in “model” classes
11:00 a.m. Presentation on academic challenges and opportunities
12:30 p.m. Lunch
1:30 p.m. Interviews conducted by faculty
Concurrent Parent Session – “Going to College at Miami: An Overview for
Parents and Families”
Featured speakers: Dr. William S. Green and Vice-President for Student Affairs, Dr. Patricia A. Whitely</p>

<p>D received Singer/Stamps invite. ACT 35 superscore (33x2) English major. Difficult prep school that doesn’t rank beyond top 10% 24K presidential </p>

<p>Flights are booked.</p>

<p>D’s email for S/S invite arrived at 3:32 central time.</p>

<p>Has anyone RSVP’d yet?</p>

<p>can’t RSVP until Feb 6th. But as advised elsewhere in this thread RSVP promptly as spaces are limited (I don’t understand how they can limit spaces…)</p>

<p>Did anyone try to RSVP? There was discussion in our family on why the link is active (or perhaps it won’t let you submit until Feb. 6th) – are they trying to see if we follow directions (and wait until Feb. 6th before RSVPing)? They said not to book hotel or flights until you receive confirmation from them.</p>

<p>It is weird to invite more people than you can accommodate.</p>

<p>D received e-mail 4:32 pm eastern, no post mail yet. OOS WI.
Invite to Singer/Stamps 3/1.
Presidential $25K/yr.
35(36/36/36/33), 2280(720/790/770) both single sitting
SAT2s: Math2 800, Lit 740
8 APs including sr. year.
UW GPA 4.0, school doesn’t rank but about 20/500 graduate with 4.0 each year.
NMF. ECs mostly music.</p>

<p>I wrote a looong trip report (a FIVE parter since I wrote it over the course of several days) last year about Stamps Scholarship Weekend and can dig up the link if anyone would like to slog through it : )</p>

<p>Illinois Mom 93: Yes please that would be very helpful.</p>