Single room open for female Honors in 2BR Suite RCS-North Tower

<p>I have an opening for a female in a 2BR Suite, 2nd Floor in Ridgecrest South -North Tower (Honors.) I am a sophomore. The room is open because this past week some singles opened up in another dorm for non-freshman, my friend who was to be in the room/suite with me was in this other dorm last year and with a single now available she decided to go that route for the closer proximity to her classes, a larger bedroom, and because she had a foot injury last year that is still aggravated on/off it will be better for her to be on the main floor in the other dorm and within closer walking distance to her classes.</p>

<p>I do require a roommate that is agreeable to no alcohol, no drugs, and non-smoking. PM for more info, and/or with your info - what you are looking for in a roommate to access compatibility. Housing is helping me out with this, I have until early next Wed., June 30th to locate someone on my own. You can either provide me with your proxy code to send to them to input you or once a match is made I will let you know who I am working with and you can email them your proxy code directly. </p>

<p>If I don’t find someone by then the room will open up to a random or I can consider a single in the same dorm as my friend went to or go off campus. My preference is to stay in RC-South-North Tower for the covered parking garage, proximity to my classes, and convenience of being on campus. I do plan to stay on campus the remaining 3 years if this works out. If you are a female upperclassman and things work out well we would be good through that time; if a freshman, when I leave you could stay in that suite and pull in a friend the last year so you would be set for your four years.</p>

<p>^^^^ooops, I meant by next Wed., May 30th above, not June. </p>

<p>A little more about me for matching purposes: I am Honors, IHP, UFE, involved in a sport-SAAC rep, OA Leader so I am real busy most all the time. </p>

<p>Because of my sports involvement it is important my roommate not keep any alcohol or drugs in the suite, or invite people in with it. Therefore, a non-drinker, no drugs or smoker person would be best. I don’t tolerate cigarette smoke so a non-smoker. I don’t mind if someone drinks in moderation out at a party, I just don’t want/can’t have someone who is coming in drunk or high.</p>

<p>An ideal roommate for me is someone who is independent, confident, outgoing, fun and friendly. I’d like someone who takes their studies seriously during the week –likes to have the suite to study in a night. I don’t mind if you have a friend(s) in to study or watch TV in the evenings but prefer the suite isn’t the hub of social activity every night and do like things to quiet down around 9:30/10pm. I get up early/5am-ish to get to my practices (something a roommate would have to be OK with.) I am quiet in the mornings; just up early to grab a bite and out the door. I shower the night before or after practice so no worry of hair dryer noise etc., while you are likely still sleeping –I will be courteous about that. </p>

<p>I am really busy and independent so if you are looking for a roommate who can be more of a constant pal I’m probably not the best choice as we may not see each other that often. I’m also not a drama girl at all –just too busy for that kind of stuff. My friends and adults describe me as mature, kind, friendly and focused. I’m just looking for a nice solid roommate and look forward to being a kind and supportive roommate with the goal that our suite is a place we are both comfortable coming into and being at –a home away from home. </p>

<p>When I’m not busy with classes, athletics and commitments to other organizations I enjoy going to sporting and cultural events on/off campus –football of course and I really enjoyed the men’s basketball games this past year, baseball, women’s gymnastics and wish I had time to get to more softball. I enjoy going out to eat (T-Town has some great restaurants) to movies, arts & crafts festivals, hiking, kayaking- anything outdoors, and I like to go out dancing on the weekends when time. </p>

<p>I’d like a roommate who is on the same page regarding keeping the shared spaces (kitchen, living room and bathroom) of the suite neat and clean. I look at it as the common courtesy to clean up after oneself and leave it nice for the next person. I prefer there not be a bunch of crumbs left on the counter, dishes piled in the sinks, toothpaste etc., all over the bathroom counters and sink, but I do understand when things get so busy that occasionally there isn’t time to clean up before you have to run out/a few dishes get left in a dishpan until the evening etc. I am looking for someone who will share cleaning responsibilities on a weekly basis. Again, my goal is for each of us to be comfortable daily walking into our suite. How you keep your own room I don’t feel is my business. I try to keep mine orderly but sometimes when real busy I am like any other college student and it can get a bit messy. </p>

<p>I have a vehicle so I’ll be sure to let you know when I will go to get groceries, shopping, etc., and will be happy to have you come along. But with my busy/tight schedule I may not always be able to accommodate taking you at other times and hope you can appreciate that. I am not allowed to have anyone else drive the vehicle. </p>

<p>Feel free to PM me if you think we are a match.</p>

<p>^^^RT2015, you sound like the perfect roommate and I am sure that you will get some serious inquires. You should just mention that a double is slightly more expensive than a quad suite per semester. Good Luck finding the best roommate :)</p>

<p>Thanks robotbldmom! I think I just got real lucky! Just received an email from a Jr. UFE who was out of the country studying last semester, she was thinking of going off campus but would rather be on. We are going to talk further but early indications are that it is a really good match! :slight_smile: I’ve been so fortunate to have the support of Dr. Morgan -Director of UFE and Dr. Oneal - Director of OA to get word out to each of their groups in addition to CC. </p>

<p>In the meantime for other’s who have PM’ed, emailed or anyone else interested if for some reason this doesn’t work I’ll get back to you by Tues. at the latest. With the holiday Monday the earliest I can wrap it up with Housing will be Tues.</p>

<p>Per robotbldmom’s suggestion below is the projected pricing for next year on the 2 BR suites/semester. It is $550 additional/semester for a 2BR vs. a 4BR suite.</p>

<p>9 MONTH CONTRACTS:
UNDERGRADUATE HALLS/semester:
Riverside, Lakeside, Bryant, Ridgecrest, Pres. Village (2 bedroom unit)……$4,950.00
Riverside, Lakeside, Bryant, Ridgecrest, Pres. Village (4 bedroom unit)…$4,400.00</p>

<p>I just sent you a PM on behalf of someone we met today at BB.</p>

<p>lattelady: I just sent you a PM but for anyone else who might see this thread…I was very lucky to find a roommate so the room is no longer available.</p>

<p>^^^happy that you found a compatible roommate :)</p>