Sophomore On-campus Housing

<p>AGREED!!! Wish it was all at one time! </p>

<p>DD had wanted to room with one set of friends but those kept saying they had this or that issue. Told D it was one of those things that one has to “fend for themselves” and find like minded. She did! YEA! They ended up wanting a 4 bedroom for the lower price and put out a roommate search on their sorority fb page and found the 4th roommate that was ready to pull the trigger this week. YEA!</p>

<p>Anyone have information on University Square apartments on 6th Street - or property manager Sherrill Realty? Please PM me!</p>

<p>This was in the Tuscaloosa News yesterday:</p>

<p>[Apartment</a> complex officials push back on crime report | TuscaloosaNews.com](<a href=“http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20131022/NEWS/131029938/1007/news?Title=Apartment-complex-officials-push-back-on-crime-report]Apartment”>http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20131022/NEWS/131029938/1007/news?Title=Apartment-complex-officials-push-back-on-crime-report)</p>

<p>Sooo…is it fair to say that a junior re-contracting into on-campus housing next year is highly unlikely? (As in…I need to get serious NOW about off-campus housing?) I keep hoping something will change but I can’t keep my head in the sand forever.</p>

<p>FYI: any applicants for 4 bedrooms at East Edge are being wait listed at this point.</p>

<p>If they must have a 4 bedroom is be looking elsewhere.</p>

<p>i would guess that chances for on campus housing for a junior would be VERY low.</p>

<p>if i was in your position, i would plan on finding a place off campus.</p>

<p>I agree with Mike, RTRMom2. I’d start my search pronto. Anything is possible, but I wouldn’t think it is likely. It is much better to be prepared.</p>

<p>More rooms will open up as renewals are not due until December, but those on the waitlist now will be called ahead of those who are not.</p>

<p>My son is a freshman (first year) this year. I assumed he had a shot recontracting for on campus housing next fall. But I just realized he has junior hours (lots of dual enrollment/CLEP credit) so my question is:</p>

<p>What classification will he be considered for recontracting purposes: a junior (because of hours) or a sophomore (because it will be his second year of college after high school)?</p>

<p>a freshman with junior hours should still be considered to be a rising sophomore with regard to on campus housing.</p>

<p>at least it has been this way in the past. housing has also made mistakes in relation to this issue, so that is also possible.</p>

<p>Is it unusual for a sophomore to be invited to live in the sorority house?</p>

<p>i don’t know if it is the same at all houses (probably not), but at my daughter’s they say, “who wants to live in the house?” then everyone who wants to goes on a list. then they rank every person who expressed interest with a point system (points for soph, jr, sr., points for holding an office, points for gpa, etc. (idk what all the point items are)). then the ones on the list with the highest point totals get an offer to live in the house if they want. then, at some point, people have to commit.</p>

<p>i don’t think it is unusual for a soph. to live in the house, but idk. </p>

<p>i think it is a good option for those who don’t mind (or even like) community living. most girls living in will be sharing a room.</p>

<p>my daughter has lived in for two years and she really likes it, but she never wanted to move off campus.</p>

<p>Thanks for all the information. That really helps. My daughter told me only two sophomores are living in the house this year! Do the newer built houses have more spaces for living in?</p>

<p>some of the new houses have room for 60ish girls to live in.</p>

<p>My D is in a newer house and does not expect any sophmores to get to live in.</p>