Spring 2014 Bill

<p>Okay, I “paid” and her schedule is “confirmed”</p>

<p>What is the timing on receiving checks for “over-payments”???</p>

<p>And, when do the sororities typically want their dues and meal plan money???</p>

<p>If the over-payments is the same as last semester, it is 10days prior to the first day of the semester.</p>

<p>Seems like last year we had the “overpayment” in hand before the holidays and the spring sorority bill was due right after the holidays. </p>

<p>However, this past summer, the fall sorority bill was due well before, so now I know to plan better!</p>

<p>My DD’s spring sorority bill was due December 1. Not sure if they all have different due dates.</p>

<p>Just paid ours tonight.</p>

<p>If “receiving checks for overpayments” is CC code for “Thanks Dad,” I expect to get mine around 2020, plus or minus three years.</p>

<p>First of all, y’all are talking about lots of money and this is making me nervous.</p>

<p>But seriously, Bill’s comment is what made me want to post. So funny- but I think you are being too much of an optimist. 2020??? You think you will get thanks that early on?</p>

<p>HAHAHA! When the check for Fall overpayment showed up at the home address, DD did not know a thing. It went right into our bank account. DD doesn’t know a thing. Kid is turning into a dadgum mushroom all things money related. About to drive her dad crazy.</p>

<p>Can anybody tell me if you can only pay your projected account balance when confirming the schedule? My S has a projected credit (engineering scholarship) and I don’t know if we have to pay the “Balance” or if we can pay the “Projected Account Balance.” Last semester I think I waited until the engineering scholarship was credited but this was almost the due date and I was a little nervous about waiting that long, but I hate to pay an extra $1250 if I don’t have too (especially now around the holidays).</p>

<p>I paid the last amount on the bill. I don’t think I paid the $1250 since the engr scholarship seemed to be “included” as a payment.</p>

<p>At the top of the bill it says:<br>
Questions related to aid/scholarships should be directed to Financial Aid (205)348-6756.</p>

<p>Hmm we had a small balance last week, but a huge one this week. They seem to have new tuition rates in for 2014 but presidential scholarship is still at 2013 rates. Hopefully they will fix that.</p>

<p>Never mind, S was temporarily at 18 credits but dropped back under, although I know that would have been covered.</p>

<p>I have to say the peeps at Financial Aid, such as Kim Lake, who administers the Texas Tomorrow Fund (prepaid college annuity) for BAMA are the bee’s knees.</p>

<p>AND, BAMA IS AWESOME for letting the annuity funds be used for any purpose!!! Most schools will not.</p>

<p>No. “Receiving checks for overpayments” was code for money back due to scholarships/annuities exceeding the bill.</p>

<p>At the Thanksgiving table, DD gave thanks to her family and College Confidential for leading her to BAMA (code for big props to you, M2CK, all you CC’rs and ME, lol) and expressed how totally happy she is. From her lips to God’s ears…</p>

<p>And then someone asked her about games at B-D and she sang DixieLand Delight WITH ALL the ad libs, and I heard my sweet baby girl say a word I have never heard her utter.</p>

<p>But it proceeded “Auburn” so I guess exceptions can be made.</p>

<p>Thought I’d pass on the answer to the question on whether you could pay the “projected balance” if waiting for scholarships to be processed and the answer is YES. Sherry in Students Accounts Receivable told me that your schedule can be confirmed by just paying the projected balance, and that most of the time the scholarships like the engineering one will be credited after confirmation. Yeah…much nicer to pay only what is really owed rather than waiting for a credit. Hope this helps anyone else with the same question.</p>

<p>^^ We’ve paid just the projected balance for a couple semesters now, and it has never been an issue.</p>

<p>So when DO the refunds occur?</p>

<p>Schedules have to be confirmed by this Friday (the 13th), so my best guess is refunds will be sent out next week (week of the 16th) after the schedule confirmation deadline and while the offices are still open (the offices close for the holidays on the 21st, then the university is closed until after the 1st and I don’t believe they will wait until then).</p>

<p>Great! Thank you.</p>

<p>Found this on the Student Receivables site:</p>

<p>December 30 If you have authorized direct deposits, Financial Aid/Scholarship excess refunds will be sent to UA’s bank beginning this date, if you are enrolled at least half time¹ in the Spring Term and have paid/confirmed your schedule.
Financial Aid/Scholarship excess refund checks will be mailed to the student’s permanent address, if you are enrolled at least half time¹ in the Spring Term and have paid/confirmed your schedule </p>

<p>Seems late since there will be no mail on the 1st and my son will most likely head back to campus on the 5th. That only leaves a few days for the check to get through the mail. If it doesn’t arrive by then, then I’ll have to take the check they sent from Alabama to Indiana and send it back to Alabama for his signature, so it most likely won’t get to the bank until after the semester starts. Guess I won’t wait on this money to buy books with.</p>