Stanford vs. Hecht (Dorms)

<p>Although I know it is possible for freshman to live in upperclassman dorms like eaton, it is discouraged because you can't meet people that quickly</p>

<p>So between my two freshman dorm options, which one should I go for?</p>

<p>I tried reading college pr-ow-ler, but i didn't get that great of an idea on how they were.</p>

<p>What are the differences between the two? What would you recommend, and why?</p>

<p>Hey.
I went to the Open House today, and I got the opportunity to visit some parts of the campus. I only was able to visit Hecht tough. From what I saw, it was a little more spacious and less jailed like than I tought it would be like for a dorm. I asked our tour guide which freshman dorm is the best, and she said Hecht. Personally, I will probably pick Hecht as my first choice because on almost all the sites I’ve been to, the former students all said they prefer Hecht. :)</p>

<p>There really isn’t a huge difference. I lived in Hecht and definitely liked it better just cause every time I was in the Stanford elevators I thought I was going to plunge to my death. But really the rooms are the same in both, Hecht has a reputation for being more social, but think that’s more reputation than reality.</p>

<p>Every year there is an entirely new crop of freshman moving into each of the 2 dorms, thus the old “reputation” of a dorm is gone and the new group emerges to create their own environment.
That being said, Stanford has a covered walkway to the dining hall, Hecht does not, so if it rains you get wet on your way. The lobby in Hecht is nicer, rooms are the same in both. Tours take you into Hecht only, so one cannot really compare while touring.
Each dorm has its own leadership team, faculty masters, professional staff, which may infuse the different building’s personalities. RA’s and AF’s are different and provide different activities and personalities on their floors.
Stanford won the Sportsfest this year, Hecht has won many times in the past, if that matters to you. I’m sure you can be happy in either dorm, either tower in either dorm!</p>

<p>Just because the covered walkway to the dining hall has been brought up before, the walk from Hecht to the dining hall is about 150 feet, it’s not like it’s a long walk and you’re going to get soaked.</p>