Stevens Institute of Technology Admissions Fall 2022

Applying to Stevens Institute of Technology in 2022? This is a space for the members of the class of 2026 to post questions, comments or admissions stats and updates.

2 Likes

Very quiet here. Who else has applied to Stevens this year?

1 Like

My son did. We are in the west.

1 Like

Nice. What major?

My daughter applied to CS. She fell in love with Steven’s after we did a campus tour last fall. Great, vibrant environment and the students we met seemed to really enjoy their time there.

Good luck!

Also CS. We haven’t been able to tour yet. I’m glad to hear your daughter liked it so much. We will visit if my son gets accepted. My son is excited about the location. Good luck to you too.

My daughter applied to the business major. She really likes the location and hopes to have internships in NYC without going to school in the city. Stevens seems to have an actual campus feel to it. We live in NC and typically, students are moving in the other direction–ie NJ–>NC for college, not the other way around. Hoping that will work in her favor.

2 Likes

Nice that you were able to visit the campus. It’s definitely well located and we heard from several students that they often pop in to Manhattan across the river for a quick dinner or social outing. That’s one of the things my D is looking forward to (not to mention the co-op opportunities).

1 Like

My son received a Likely Letter from Stevens Inst today. :slight_smile: I’m still not sure I know what a Likely Letter is…seems like a good thing. :wink:

3 Likes

Wow! Congratulations! That means he’s been accepted :slightly_smiling_face:

What time did he receive it?
(Waiting for my D to come home)

For the benefit of other current and future applicants who are reading this thread, would you mind sharing stats (if you’re comfortable doing so)? Thanks

1 Like

4:48pm EST.
34 ACT

2 Likes

That’s awesome. Well deserved!

Thanks for sharing stats and time of notification. It helps future applicants browsing this thread.

2 Likes

Congratulations!

My son is my fourth child to go through the college application process, but I haven’t encountered a “likely letter”.

Was it an email/portal update/both?

Hi @MA_mom4kids I wouldn’t worry about it (my daughter hasn’t received one either).

Although it’s certainly an honor to receive an LL, very few kids will receive one. The vast majority of those admitted will not have been sent one.

We just have to wait a month :slight_smile:

1 Like

Both

1 Like

Does anyone know when decisions go out or if they started? My son is waiting for Stevens and one other school.

They don’t do rolling admissions. All decisions go out on the same day. Most likely on March 18th.

1 Like

Anyone else apply to the business school?

My daughter did. She got an email inviting her to an information session a few weeks ago and it ended up being a one on one session with someone from the business school who walked her through the curriculum, internships and answered all her questions. Very impressive.

1 Like

Nice, we did the same. Yes very impressive, felt like they were really selling the school.

1 Like

Do you think the decisions are coming out today?